Nexus or evo 3D

Which one are you getting?

• Total voters
Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking about the Nexus. I like the "pure" Google experience that the Nexus line offers. Oh yeah, Gingerbread right out of the box. The Evo will be a better device hardware-wise, though.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive been looking into the nexus more and I'm very dissapointed. Its a step down from the epic. Wow. Take away the missing led and the SD card and you only get 480p video recording. What's up with that? No thanks. That was the deal breaker for me. Deff evo

bouche123

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing at first, but then I found out that the 480p recording is a result of the stock android. So I would rather have the pure android and while losing the SD card is not good the comfortable size and the Super Amoled screen more than make up for the SD card.
Yes. Stock Android does not support HD video recording, well Honeycomb does but that is tablets. The Galaxy S phones record in HD so I would think the Nexus S is capable. If HD recording is in Honeycomb then I imagine that it will be in the next Android version.

GeterBoi

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaning toward the Nexus. Rooting our phones wasn't hard but the bugs in the custom roms pissed me off. I rooted for the wireless tether and to get rid of the bloatware but my GPS had to die in the process. I like the idea of a pure Google phone. Let me decide what customization is for me. And I can't wait for Gingerbread I have been stuck with Eclair for way too long.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
EVO 3D, not wasting my money on another piece of crap Samsung product again. But I'm sticking with my EVO 4G for now, unless it doesn't get Gingerbread.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
If the battery lasts longer in nexus I might go for it. HATE the evo battery.
-bobby
Sense has a lot of battery draining defaults that stock Android doesn't. If you turn off autoupdates for HTC's Twitter (Peep), Mail and the weather widgets/apps, you'll see a significant boost in battery life.

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I know... I was looking for hologram display myself with 6 cores.... .

What were you looking for?
Even though I'm getting the Nexus, I understand where the guy's coming from. What I would've liked for the new Nexus was basically a dual core Desire S with a qHD screen and without Sense. That would've been perfect: microSD card support, a 3.7" screen (the sweet spot IMO), and the classic HTC unibody design and build quality. Or the Atrix without Blur, WebTop or the locked bootloader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital