1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sprint user: buy now or wait

I am currently a sprint blackberry (8330) user and am looking to switch to something android.

What I am wondering is... Would it be best to wait a bit longer or just make the switch now.

I know there are a few new android phone rumored to be released soon, but its sprint so soon could mean Christmas 2011.

The time frame I am looking at for upgraded is going to be about a month from now. That's when I am going to be able to get the full discount on a new phone.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Personally, I'd suggest waiting. I love my Moment, and the wife feels the same about her Hero, but with the Supersonic right around the corner (hopefully) and the 2.1 update date still unclear I'd take a wait and see attitude. Best advice though, would be to stop by a store and get some hands on time with each and take it from there.
    Submariner/Geek/Tech addict
    @Sammael23
    8525>8310>G1>8900>8310>9000>Pre>Moment>Pre>Evo

I'm in similar situation. I will be able to get a phone on March 27. I'm figuring by then, the picture on what to do may be clearer. Cuz by then the Samsung Moment and/or HTC Hero may have relieved their 2.1 updates, or an actual true set date might come out, so we know how long we will have to wait, or possibly a new phone announcement will happen. If things stay steady, and no new notable information comes out before end of March, then first of April, I'll be buying my Samsung Moment. Thats my plan at moments at least lol.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by acidbuzz3 View Post
    I am currently a sprint blackberry (8330) user and am looking to switch to something android.

What I am wondering is... Would it be best to wait a bit longer or just make the switch now.

I know there are a few new android phone rumored to be released soon, but its sprint so soon could mean Christmas 2011.

The time frame I am looking at for upgraded is going to be about a month from now. That's when I am going to be able to get the full discount on a new phone.
    Judging by your current handset, you've clearly waited a long time for an upgrade :-)

Give it to early/mid summer to make a decision. Wile I would not hold my breath about the Hero or the Monument getting upgrades by then, the market is being flooded with Android handsets and some of them are destined for Sprint. Patience is a virtue and is rewarded :-)
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Personally I'd wait. Info on what's coming should become more clear after CITA on the 23rd. I have the Hero, I'm happy with it, but after 5 months I'm also ready for something with more memory, faster processor and bigger screen.

I have my eye on the Supersonic, won't consider the incredible simply because it doesn't offer that much more than my Hero.

I'd wait for sure now. The Nexus 1 and the Evo should be right around the corner. You could also look for a used Hero on Craigslist. Use that in the mean time then sell and upgrade when something nicer hits the stores.

Wait at least until April 16.

Same goes for Verizon folks. Rumors are just rumors, but 17 days isn't too long to wait just in case
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I may try to find a Hero on craigslist myself and see what I can get one for. It would be nice to get off this POS crapberry and at least get on Android. Then I'd not be itching to switch so bad and could wait a little longer for my upgrade.