Galaxy forever program

Nicholas Boyd

Banned
Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
What am i missing here? I signed up for the galaxy forever program with my s7 edge. It was the ONLY reason i decided to go with a lease option. Wanted to finally have a carrier i could stick with instead of my usual switch carriers every year so i can get the new phone tactic.

Now i find out that they cancelled it and i can't get any answers from anyone about it. At first i thought they'd honor it for those of us that signed up for it while it was active but over the phone they just said sorry but it's not on your contract. I then went to a store to speak to someone in person, she was completely useless. First of all, their system was down. Secondly she never heard of the galaxy forever program or of anyone even leasing a galaxy phone. She literally could not do a single thing for me and no manager will be in the store for another 2 days. I'm about 99.9% certain how that conversation will go anyways.

So what's the deal? Did sprint really just screw people over with this basically fake program to get us to sign up for a 2 year lease? I can't find any forums or anything where people are discussing this. How am i the only one angry about this?

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same plan with regular S7. I haven't called sprint about this yet because I was waiting for the S8 to drop next month. I will comment back next month on this once I find out. I'm probably going to VZ anyway since coverage is better for me and they offer unlimited again.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I too had signed up for galaxy forever plan and when the note 7 came out last year i couldn't trade note 5 for it. I'm over sprint and come august will be looking elsewhere.

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You must have talked to the wrong person. I contacted Sprint through their sprint cares Twitter account and just got off the phone with them. They told me that they will honor the Galaxy Forever promotion. I have been with Sprint for about 13 years though, so that may also be a factor.

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Quick follow up. I was able to upgrade to the S8+ with out issue. I am also still able to upgrade to S9 and so on in the future.

Art Hayes

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same question and have found no upgrade love at the local level. I have three S7's and online it says only one can be turned in free and clear for an upgrade. The other two require cash money ($268 and $289), even though all three were bought the same day at the same store. Weird!

Even more weird was when I went to the same store last week and found out that one of the phones was on a lease AND a two year contract while another phone was on an IB plan AND a two year contract. The rep had no idea how that could happen since the two are never supposed to go together. Even the third phone (which showed a free upgrade online) was showing to him needing a cash payment in the upper-$200 range.

Then I went to a second store. That rep found a site that said all three of my phones were on leases, and a different site that said two leases and an IB plan!

Nobody can figure it out and all suggested I call the 888 number and automatically escalate. I'm hoping for a quick and easy resolution!

nickryan42

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I had the same question and have found no upgrade love at the local level. I have three S7's and online it says only one can be turned in free and clear for an upgrade. The other two require cash money ($268 and $289), even though all three were bought the same day at the same store. Weird!

Even more weird was when I went to the same store last week and found out that one of the phones was on a lease AND a two year contract while another phone was on an IB plan AND a two year contract. The rep had no idea how that could happen since the two are never supposed to go together. Even the third phone (which showed a free upgrade online) was showing to him needing a cash payment in the upper-$200 range.

Then I went to a second store. That rep found a site that said all three of my phones were on leases, and a different site that said two leases and an IB plan!

Nobody can figure it out and all suggested I call the 888 number and automatically escalate. I'm hoping for a quick and easy resolution!

What ever happened with this? Also, has anybody had any luck? I just got back from a trip so I have not gone yet to try and upgrade from my S7 Edge to S8 Plus. I have paid my bill on time every month, ect. When I check my bill online it says my phone is on a lease plan.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I read the Galaxy forever plan was axed shortly after they introduced it last year, but I contacted Sprint via chat in March, I asked if I could trade in my leased S7E, I was told I could indeed return the S7E and pre-order the S8, all while signing up for the new Galaxy forever plan. I got the S8 and returned the S7E, so yes, if you're leasing, you can return it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000