Sprint premiere is whack!!!

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
So apparently there are as of april 1st two levels of the service silver and gold. Only gold qualifies for the upgrade every year which was the only real benefit of being a premiere member in the first place imo. So apparently because I have two lines my base plan needs to be 169 in order to qualify which is bs if you ask me. I already pay 180 a month after taxes and fees so there is no way I'm gonna tack on an extra 40 onto my bill. I had planned on staying with sprint for the long haul but after this bs I'm afraid I'll be saying goodbye to sprint.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Im alittle pissed about my premier status changing after being with sprint for about 7years now. I consider leaving I shopped around but I didnt see anything worth leaving for. My phone bill is much lower than my friends that are with different carriers. Sprint still offers alot of things worth stay for.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I heard someone fixed it on the forums. Need to find this out because I refuse to wait 24 mos for an upgrade when I can pay and leave.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Im going to buy my evo3d at full price so that i dont have to extend my contract and their is talks of sprint going to lte so i definitely want to have my 2yr price when lte rolls around.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If you were within a certain time frame of the one year upgrade most of the internet is saying they will fix it for you. However in my case, November, I'm out of luck until next November. Luckily I have 6 lines and one of them is almost always eligible for upgrade.

Regardless it's not like you can go to another carrier and get an upgrade sooner than once every two years. Plus you'll pay more monthly. So what's the point?

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you got an Evo on launch day you can get your upgrade this year. It will be a one time thing, once you use it if you are silver you will be back to 22 months. Head over to sprintusers.com sign up for the forums and you will find a post by "art" under general discussion, he will get it fixed for you no problem.

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
So apparently there are as of april 1st two levels of the service silver and gold. Only gold qualifies for the upgrade every year which was the only real benefit of being a premiere member in the first place imo. So apparently because I have two lines my base plan needs to be 169 in order to qualify which is bs if you ask me. I already pay 180 a month after taxes and fees so there is no way I'm gonna tack on an extra 40 onto my bill. I had planned on staying with sprint for the long haul but after this bs I'm afraid I'll be saying goodbye to sprint.
Great news, free up some bandwidth..

Heads up.. plans change, across all carriers. If you think you can leave Sprint to avoid such change, you are more naive than we all thought.

Don't understand how people think they are entitled to pay one price for anything for the rest of their lives and let things around them change and not affect them. I assume you want $.05 Coca Cola bottles back too, right?

kynov

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So yeah... apparently they are changing the premier gold status again? My plan went silver on April 1st and I made no changes to my plan... Just got this email--

goldstatus.jpg

UpsimotoJet

May 26, 2011
Visit site
so with the Sprint Premiere change, I have a question...

I pay about 195 for my family plan yet get a 25% discount so it brings the before tax cost to about 162-ish so that leaves me below the 169.99 threshold...

so does that mean i am silver bc discount...

should i ask to reduce discount to 20% somehow or just add a service for an extra few dollars?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
so with the Sprint Premiere change, I have a question...

I pay about 195 for my family plan yet get a 25% discount so it brings the before tax cost to about 162-ish so that leaves me below the 169.99 threshold...

so does that mean i am silver bc discount...

should i ask to reduce discount to 20% somehow or just add a service for an extra few dollars?

Dont do that. The priemer status is on the MRC of your bill BEFORE any discounts or taxes. But the thing is, it is not on the overall bill plus features, its on the rate plan itself. My primary line is getting charged $129.99. Silver member ship for me. :mad:

Reactions: UpsimotoJet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa