So will this new Sprint and Lightspeed deal mean...

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
a better network for Sprint and more coverage, including inside some places and in areas where coverage is lost?

I ask because I am pretty attached to the Nexus S and I rather have a pure Android phone over one on the Big Red loaded with crapware to the teeth and Bing.

Not to say that Sprint is perfect, lord no, but I am saying will this deal make coverage better?

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
It should but even without lightsquared sprint still has their network modernization project thats about to take place. And its still not clear if sprint going to use lightsquared frequencies for lte.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm just hoping for the best. I really prefer my no strings attached unlimited data. when i do get a signal, it's really good.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I like no strings attached too but after a while almost all data will be capped but most people have forgotten that these are still phones and they were made for voice. I use data but I use voice even more.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
no wonder google, microsoft, and seemingly apple are pissed with carriers these days. though technically tmobile's data isn't capped. they just throttle.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I would get the nexus but the deal breaker for me is i cannot expand the memory. I put all my music onto my phone so i dont have to carry around my ipod either. PLus, with all my pictures and whatnot i got on it. Thats a no go.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Dude, how much stuff do you have lol? But I understand what you mean there. I have a few "files" on my Evo that I haven't filled up yet if you know what I mean >.>

That being said, I think 16GB is fine for me since I normaly only carried 350 songs plus like 60 something apps on my iTouch

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Dude, how much stuff do you have lol? But I understand what you mean there. I have a few "files" on my Evo that I haven't filled up yet if you know what I mean >.>

That being said, I think 16GB is fine for me since I normaly only carried 350 songs plus like 60 something apps on my iTouch

It doesn't take a lot to fill 16GB. I have 20 of my 32GB filled on my iPhone already and I have only had it 2 weeks.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

On my computer i have about 40 gigs of music i swap in and out from my phone all the time depending on what mood i am in. I have my phone connected to my car to play music on my way to work and sometimes i will be up for certain songs and others the rest. But regardless. I have a 16 gb card in my evo currently, but i am getting a 32 gb soon to get more in there.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't take a lot to fill 16GB. I have 20 of my 32GB filled on my iPhone already and I have only had it 2 weeks.

How the hell can someone use THAT much storage? Honestly, I guarantee you want listen to all of the songs at once.

On my computer i have about 40 gigs of music i swap in and out from my phone all the time depending on what mood i am in. I have my phone connected to my car to play music on my way to work and sometimes i will be up for certain songs and others the rest. But regardless. I have a 16 gb card in my evo currently, but i am getting a 32 gb soon to get more in there.

Meh, usually for me, 16gb is plenty. Nine times out of ten, all the stuff I cram onto my phone, I won't use more than likely. but hopefully the new cloud service will benefit this greatly

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
How the hell can someone use THAT much storage? Honestly, I guarantee you want listen to all of the songs at once.

Not everything I have is songs on my phone. I have movies, games, pictures, songs and so forth and so on. I have a ton on my phone.

Who listens to more than one song at once? ;-)

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Not everything I have is songs on my phone. I have movies, games, pictures, songs and so forth and so on. I have a ton on my phone.

Who listens to more than one song at once? ;-)

You know, the iPhone 4 is a phone and not a storage device, right? I'm pretty sure it won't kill you to not have so much on there.

You mean music and streaming radio?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You know, the iPhone 4 is a phone and not a storage device, right? I'm pretty sure it won't kill you to not have so much on there.

You mean music and streaming radio?

But thats part of the reason why i dont like iphones is you cannot expand the storage. Its the way i use my phone that dictates which one i get.

Sent from my EVOlution

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Just because you wouldnt doesnt mean anything. Everyone has different needs, and i can already see you turning this into a debate. Quit.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Just because you wouldnt doesnt mean anything. Everyone has different needs, and i can already see you turning this into a debate. Quit.

I think yu misuderstoo me. Wasn't tryig to turn it into a debate

If it was a storage device I'd need WAY more than 32gb. I actually have a 2TB external for that.

>_> yo must have a TOOON of stuff then. Even if hte iPhone had removable storage, 32 is as high as they go.

I think how each one of us uses our phone dictates which one we get ;-)
A good cellphone imo must have 3 thigs - internet, multimedia capabilities, and GPS

Nexus S serves me quite well in that department assuming the one I ordered is working and all.

NMherron

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be off-tangent (and back on topic)...

I would imagine that we will be able to roam on LightSquared's 4G LTE network. But the most exciting thing about LightSquared's network is not their terrestrial towers, but their satellite. LS has a 4G LTE satellite to cover all of the Continental United States. That is what I want to roam on. Of course, our crappy WiMax phones will not work on it. But that's an upgrade I'm willing to make, to a Dual Band 4G phone where I can roam the lower 48 without losing a signal except in deep canyons and tunnels.

The big issue, as mentioned above, is when Sprint will make equipment that has LTE and runs on LS's frequencies. And it is something that Sprint may never do. But I'm an optomist, and will keep hoping for this! :D