Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Default Re: Airave: Get Great Sprint Reception in Your Home

That is a bummer about your router. Maybe it's time for a new one lol. At least you will have 3g, hopefully you don't do a lot of streaming
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evo4gMN View Post
    That is a bummer about your router. Maybe it's time for a new one lol. At least you will have 3g, hopefully you don't do a lot of streaming
    I'm use to 3g speeds. No WiMax here and haven't gotten a router yet. So like I said going from nothing to even 1x would have been an improvement. lol
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Another question for anyone who can answer:

I know it takes like an hour for initial set up. Is this for FIRST time set up; or, first time set up in a single location.

For instance. When I set it up at home. It's going to take an hour. What if I want to bring it with me to work; or, another location. Is it going to take another hour to set up there as well?

Global Posts
    2,352 Global Posts

It only took mine ten or fifteen minutes.

The manual says you have to update your service address in order to use it at a different location so I am assuming there would be two setup processes.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    It only took mine ten or fifteen minutes.

The manual says you have to update your service address in order to use it at a different location so I am assuming there would be two setup processes.
    Update your service address? So it's not a bring it with me where ever I go type a thing? lol.

O well. I get decent service at work and the other location I was thinking of I get wifi and never make calls when I'm there.

Global Posts
    2,352 Global Posts

Check this coverage thing first. I'm looking into getting a better answer to your first question.

Is AIRAVE service available at this address?

EDIT: Ok, they're saying you're supposed to update your billing/service address, but I don't see why that would be necessary if you're just going to work, and not cross country. You'll probably have to sync it at the different location though since it's GPS based and you might not have the same satellite line of sight at work as you do at home.

Best answer would be to just try it and see what happens I guess.
    Last edited by chud; 07-13-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Yea, I'll give it a shot. Doesn't hurt. Should be at my home soon. Will have it when I get home.

Posting through four full bars via my new Airave. Works good so far! Wasn't sure at first whether I could connect through my wireless router, but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Posting through four full bars via my new Airave. Works good so far! Wasn't sure at first whether I could connect through my wireless router, but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Did you go modem --> Airave --> router? that's how mine is setup and ive had zero issues. and now im getting two bars in my lead lined bathroom where i used to get none, ever.

Did you go modem --> Airave --> router? that's how mine is setup and ive had zero issues. and now im getting two bars in my lead lined bathroom where i used to get none, ever.
    Modem--> router--> airave

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Modem--> router--> airave

Got a question. I have 3mbps internet. But I have HDTV and my 4 laptop computers running off of it. Is this going to be enough or do I need to step up to 10mbps? Sprint is shipping me one at no cost or charges and want to make sure this is not going to be and issue.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Awesome! I hooked mine up to the router. Which has wifi and a computer hooked up. I took the line in my room for my Xbox for it. Then took the line it came with and went from the airave to the Xbox.

I'm watching Netflix on the Xbox and surfing the internet full bars on my phone at 1.16 mbps. Even all the way on the other side of the house with one bar I get fast internet. Which fluxes to 3.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

GPS is a little week on the device. I get perfect lock with my nexus. The airave is 1.5 feet from the window and I needed to connect the antenna.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Full service in the basement as well. Amazing.

Coming from no service at all I would even suggest paying for the service if you could not get it for free.

Global Posts
    2,352 Global Posts

Glad to hear it's working out for you so far.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Does anyone run their Xbox through their airave? When I run a network test it tells me my Nat type may limit joining online games and voice chat.

I was able to play NHL. I haven't tried any other games or voice chat though.

Global Posts
    2,352 Global Posts

NAT can change all the time. Usually resetting the router puts it back to Open. Moderate's no big deal and Restricted still lets you play online, but you won't have as many servers available to connect to. If you're always getting a Restricted NAT, then you probably have to adjust your router settings.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

NAT can change all the time. Usually resetting the router puts it back to Open. Moderate's no big deal and Restricted still lets you play online, but you won't have as many servers available to connect to. If you're always getting a Restricted NAT, then you probably have to adjust your router settings.
    I never had this problem before with my router. I think it's the airave. Are you suggesting rebooting that? Or what can I do with that?

Global Posts
    2,352 Global Posts

My Netgear router always gives me Moderate or Strict unless I mess with Port Forwarding. Both my Linksys's's's's's's are usually Open with no setting adjustments necessary but I will have to reset them about once a month or so because they'll switch over to Moderate.

Details about how Microsoft handles NAT settings are obscure enough and I could see adding a device like this to the chain messing something up.

I'd try resetting your router first and if that doesn't work then try changing the position of the Airave in the chain.

I wonder if Airave tech support has ever heard of any issues.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

My Netgear router always gives me Moderate or Strict unless I mess with Port Forwarding. Both my Linksys's's's's's's are usually Open with no setting adjustments necessary but I will have to reset them about once a month or so because they'll switch over to Moderate.

Details about how Microsoft handles NAT settings are obscure enough and I could see adding a device like this to the chain messing something up.

I'd try resetting your router first and if that doesn't work then try changing the position of the Airave in the chain.

I wonder if Airave tech support has ever heard of any issues.
    Hmm. I'm just gonna leave it for now until (if) it becomes a problem. It's convenient where it is for me right now. I tried another game and I didn't have an issue. So... I don't even play that much. My Xbox has become an expensive Netflix device, lol. So as long as that works and everything else seems to be working it's not a problem and I'll pay no mind to it.

Hey, anyways: how's your GPS though? Did you have to connect the antenna? I moved my closer to the window the other day. About a half a foot away. (My phone will get GPS in the middle of the house). GPS held for about 20 minutes then it was lost. I had to put the antenna back on. Works fine with that but it's just annoying cause the wire is 100 feet long, lol.

Global Posts
    2,352 Global Posts

Honestly, my device is on the top floor in my office so I hooked the antenna up right away because the ridiculously long wire wouldn't be bothering anything. I have no clue how mine performs without it but now I'm gonna try it without.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Honestly, my device is on the top floor in my office so I hooked the antenna up right away because the ridiculously long wire wouldn't be bothering anything. I have no clue how mine performs without it but now I'm gonna try it without.
    Its really bad if its near the window with nothing. I'm going to move the external antenna and see if it picks up if I move it 10 feet from the window. If it does it just sucks on the device. If it doesn't. It need to be on the window and that's weak.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Is anyone else having an issue with their Airave displaying a different city on their phone? I live in Minneapolis but it keeps saying Des Moines, IA when I am at home and switches back to Mpls when I leave my house or unplug the Airave. WTF!! How do I fix this? I tried resetting it twice with no luck
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evo4gMN View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue with their Airave displaying a different city on their phone? I live in Minneapolis but it keeps saying Des Moines, IA when I am at home and switches back to Mpls when I leave my house or unplug the Airave. WTF!! How do I fix this? I tried resetting it twice with no luck
    I didn't notice this. But I do notice that when I don't use GPS it won't change my weather location to where I am and stays on where I was.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    I didn't notice this. But I do notice that when I don't use GPS it won't change my weather location to where I am and stays on where I was.
    So I might have figured it out and don't know how to fix it. I have two phones on my line not including the Airave. One with a 515 area code (Des Moines) and one with 612 (Mpls). The airave somehow got a 515 area code probably since my 515 is my primary line. Even though I live in Minneapolis. Is it possible this is why? I would think that even though the Airave has a 515 number the GPS on it would have picked up a Mpls signal. This is frustrating! Maybe I just need to call Sprint. I tried online chat today and they are worthless. All they tried doing was resetting my phone and updating a few things on it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast