Are you going to get Super Mario Run?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Super Mario Run has been out for awhile now on iOS... but now it's available on Android too! Are you going to try it? Purchase the full game? Let me know what your plans are. Early reviews are quite positive!

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It's a fun, high quality mobile platformer. I bought it on my iPad back in December. While I would like it on my phone I'm not going to pay for it twice.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed twice over. I've been pleased with how much gameplay I've actually gotten out of it. Finished the game real quick, but there are so many challenges (coins, rallies) that it'll keep you entertained for a LONG time.

anon(777192)

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Well this is strange... I was going to download it but for some strange reason my Nexus 5x is incompatible lol while my gf's 5x is. I'm confused.

4b352532011731330a8c4096bdb1b3b0.jpg

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely! :D I only played the game for a few minutes on my friends iPhone 6 Plus when it launched so i definitely need it on my device now. used to play it a lot when i was younger (classic version). I sometimes even woke up my cousin while she was sleeping because i was getting upset for dying lol, ah good times. The only thing i wish was different is the ability to stop Mario running. The continuous running is OK but feels a little strange.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely! :D I only played the game for a few minutes on my friends iPhone 6 Plus when it launched so i definitely need it on my device now. used to play it a lot when i was younger (classic version). I sometimes even woke up my cousin while she was sleeping because i was getting upset for dying lol, ah good times. The only thing i wish was different is the ability to stop Mario running. The continuous running is OK but feels a little strange.

Yeah it can be a little weird at first, especially if you're a hardcore Mario fan. But you get used to it. After awhile you forget it's even a 'thing'. :)

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
NO, I WON'T BUY THAT POS SOFTWARE. IT TAKES UP TOO MUCH STORAGE SPACE FOR WHAT IT DOES (or is supposed to do), AND IT DOESN'T EVEN LOAD!

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
No here. Bummed it was a runner & not an old school 2d platformer like the nes version where you can move back, forward, explore levels, etc..

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No here. Bummed it was a runner & not an old school 2d platformer like the nes version where you can move back, forward, explore levels, etc..

Well, it is a platformer. Although you cannot stop Mario or turn him around (well, sort of), it is not an endless runner like some have mistakenly said. The levels end, some have bosses, you can do some exploration by jumping the right way and kicking off walls, going to different levels of the screen, etc.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, it is a platformer. Although you cannot stop Mario or turn him around (well, sort of), it is not an endless runner like some have mistakenly said. The levels end, some have bosses, you can do some exploration by jumping the right way and kicking off walls, going to different levels of the screen, etc.

Of course, my emphasis was on it being an old school platformer. Because only recently have runners been incorporated into the 2d platformer landscape.

I do hope you like it but it's just not for me. After playing the originals and the New Super Mario Wii's, this new app just doesn't do it for me.

Well this is strange... I was going to download it but for some strange reason my Nexus 5x is incompatible lol while my gf's 5x is. I'm confused.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170325/4b352532011731330a8c4096bdb1b3b0.jpg

If it makes you feel any better I don't think you're missing out on too much. Thanks for the Google Rewards tip :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I first tried this in an Apple Store demo iPhone. I was bummed that it wasn't out for Android (yet, as it was between that 3 month period before it would get released on Android). I was sort of in a "would rather not give Apple more money" phase, but also, this game requires internet, and all of my iOS devices require wifi to get that. I didn't want to be tethered to home just to be able to play this.

It was a quick purchase when they released it for Android. $10 provided incredible value, without the hassles of "freemium". Don't get me wrong, I've played Castlesiege: Free To Siege, and quit Plants Vs. Zombies 2 and went back to it, but it's nice to go back to "premium style" on occasion. World Tour levels were a blast! And Nintendo incorporates its charm and level designs into a method that's not only unique for mobile, but works very well for it too!