Super Mario Run on Android vs. iPhone - what are the differences?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Am hoping a stellar community member with SMR on both an Android and iPhone will be able to compare the versions. Super curious as to what the differences are, if any with gameplay, performance, etc.

Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated!

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming they are identical because the Android version let me link my Nintendo account and once I did it updated my progress and building layout to the same as my iOS version. I would think they have to keep both versions the same to allow that syncing to work. However I'm not going to pay another $10 so I can't access anything past World 1 to verify.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping that linking my account would also recognize that I had paid for the iOS app and unlock everything but it did not. I think that would help build some mobile goodwill for Nintendo since many of us have multiple devices.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Agree. But not sure if that's even possible. Suppose if the Nintendo account was linked to an iOS version where the game was bought, maybe the Android version could detect that and bypass the purchase? Really not sure, I'm no app store wizard. :) Totally agree though, would be goodwill for Nintendo. In the end they'd probably end up making more $$$ as a result!

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Believe it or not, I've seen a few folks on CrackBerry attempting to run the APK file on their phones. Crazy?! Of course, some reportedly say that it works, while others say it loads forever. Wow....

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If i downloaded this game on an iPad would it sync everything I've don't in the free version?

It does sync everything, but you can't play any levels past World 1 without paying for the game on Android. I'm in that same situation. I emailed Nintendo about it and they said you can play the full game on multiple devices of the same platform but have to pay again to unlock the full game on another platform.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. That kinda sucks that I'd need to pay again on android if I got the full game on an iPad seems the game is linked to the same account.

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something else here, I'm not seeing why anybody would expect a purchase on iOS to work on Android, and vice versa. Nintendo does have your data and profiles saved no matter which platform you're on. However, Android and iOS do NOT play nice with each other, so it's either not possible, or if it is, the devs need to take a large hit to themselves for allowing this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463