camera pics

ridethegutter

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I am so tempted to pick this phone up at best buy for $49. I have played around with it at the at&t store. The only thing that is holding me back is the camera. I took several pics side by side with the 4s and the galaxy s2. Pics on the atrix 2 were bad. Although the store has low lighting, the 4s pics were awesome. The s2's pics weren't too bad. How well does the atrix 2 take pics in sufficient lighting? I don't really take many pics but having the option to take nice pics when needed is a plus.

bigddybn

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I am so tempted to pick this phone up at best buy for $49. I have played around with it at the at&t store. The only thing that is holding me back is the camera. I took several pics side by side with the 4s and the galaxy s2. Pics on the atrix 2 were bad. Although the store has low lighting, the 4s pics were awesome. The s2's pics weren't too bad. How well does the atrix 2 take pics in sufficient lighting? I don't really take many pics but having the option to take nice pics when needed is a plus.

It's not as good as my iPhone 4 no matter the lighting. Will never be the same league as the 4S.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Not bad outside. I also have a sgsII and think it might have a slight edge in picture quality. SGSII also has a photo editor which is pretty cool. The Atrix 2 is much faster to me. It is so handy with the dedicated camera button. It also has a multi shot feature which takes 6 pictures in .5 seconds which is pretty cool for kids because you then just keep the picture you want. I will post a picture later from my laptop because I do not know how to from my phone. If the camera is a major feature for you, I would give a slight edge to the SGSII but the Atrix 2 is a 8 mega pixel and shoots hd video, so it is no slouch. It is faster and has a dedicated button which I like. The samsung takes forever to start up while scanning the media card.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the Atrix 2 Saturday so this is the only picture I have outside. I took this yesterday of my rental car. My Son loves to see the cars I rent so, I send him emails with pictures of the cars I rent.

This is at the 6mp setting which is a setting that fits the screen when in landscape. I leave it here as default.

Last edited:

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Really? I think the camera is one of it's many strong points! Here's one I took in my room a couple days ago, room was totally dark except for the TV being on

2011-10-23_12-24-13_256.jpg

I just walked out of best buy with the ATRIX 2. The phone is smoking fast and very smooth.
Exactly! I can't believe this phone is getting slept on

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The android camera app is often quite bad (in all phones) at guessing the light color (White Balance).

Two shots: Automatic and Cloudy setting. Cloudy is what it was, and cloudy looks exactly as I saw it).

---Automatic.
IMG_20111030_131058.jpg

--- Cloudy
IMG_20111030_131154.jpg

There really is no substituent for the photographer's eye in this.

These shots were with the Nexus One, because the wife won't let me play with her Atrix 2. :-(

ridethegutter

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
So far the camera pics have been hit or miss, especially indoors. I installed the camera 360 app and have been amazed at some of the pics. Here is a pic on a very cloudy day. This is one app that I will be wearing out.

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So far the camera pics have been hit or miss, especially indoors. I installed the camera 360 app and have been amazed at some of the pics. Here is a pic on a very cloudy day. This is one app that I will be wearing out.
Yep, nice app. Camera Zoom FX is another nice one. It's what i'm using.

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me how camera 360 or camera zoom fx improve upon the original camera app? Don't they both take the same pics? Also, can you make the camera key launch the third-party app?

Jon Scribner

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
The stock camera was ok to good. After reading in the forums i installed Camera Zoom FX from the market and wow, what an improvement. Up to par with the best of them now and i love the phone. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac