Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default camera pics

I am so tempted to pick this phone up at best buy for $49. I have played around with it at the at&t store. The only thing that is holding me back is the camera. I took several pics side by side with the 4s and the galaxy s2. Pics on the atrix 2 were bad. Although the store has low lighting, the 4s pics were awesome. The s2's pics weren't too bad. How well does the atrix 2 take pics in sufficient lighting? I don't really take many pics but having the option to take nice pics when needed is a plus.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Re: camera pics

Quote Originally Posted by ridethegutter View Post
    I am so tempted to pick this phone up at best buy for $49. I have played around with it at the at&t store. The only thing that is holding me back is the camera. I took several pics side by side with the 4s and the galaxy s2. Pics on the atrix 2 were bad. Although the store has low lighting, the 4s pics were awesome. The s2's pics weren't too bad. How well does the atrix 2 take pics in sufficient lighting? I don't really take many pics but having the option to take nice pics when needed is a plus.
    It's not as good as my iPhone 4 no matter the lighting. Will never be the same league as the 4S.

Not bad outside. I also have a sgsII and think it might have a slight edge in picture quality. SGSII also has a photo editor which is pretty cool. The Atrix 2 is much faster to me. It is so handy with the dedicated camera button. It also has a multi shot feature which takes 6 pictures in .5 seconds which is pretty cool for kids because you then just keep the picture you want. I will post a picture later from my laptop because I do not know how to from my phone. If the camera is a major feature for you, I would give a slight edge to the SGSII but the Atrix 2 is a 8 mega pixel and shoots hd video, so it is no slouch. It is faster and has a dedicated button which I like. The samsung takes forever to start up while scanning the media card.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails camera pics-uploadfromtaptalk1319580092350.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That is a pretty nice pic. I think I am going to get the atrix 2 tomorrow. I cant pass up all the bang for the low buck.

Just picked up the Atrix 2 Saturday so this is the only picture I have outside. I took this yesterday of my rental car. My Son loves to see the cars I rent so, I send him emails with pictures of the cars I rent.

This is at the 6mp setting which is a setting that fits the screen when in landscape. I leave it here as default.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails camera pics-venza.jpg  
    Last edited by planoman; 10-25-2011 at 11:13 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I just walked out of best buy with the ATRIX 2. The phone is smoking fast and very smooth.

I just walked out of best buy with the ATRIX 2. The phone is smoking fast and very smooth.
    Congrats on your new moto!

ROM
    ParanoidAndroid/Leankrnel

Really? I think the camera is one of it's many strong points! Here's one I took in my room a couple days ago, room was totally dark except for the TV being on

Exactly! I can't believe this phone is getting slept on

The android camera app is often quite bad (in all phones) at guessing the light color (White Balance).

Two shots: Automatic and Cloudy setting. Cloudy is what it was, and cloudy looks exactly as I saw it).

---Automatic.

--- Cloudy

There really is no substituent for the photographer's eye in this.

These shots were with the Nexus One, because the wife won't let me play with her Atrix 2. :-(

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

How is this phone only $49 at best buy? It's $99 I thought?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    How is this phone only $49 at best buy? It's $99 I thought?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    It's $99 at AT&T, $49 at BB. How? Hell if I know, but it is. I got mine last weekend from BB.

I got my local AT&T store to price match BB offer, just ask them and they should help you of not tell them you're going to BB
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

So far the camera pics have been hit or miss, especially indoors. I installed the camera 360 app and have been amazed at some of the pics. Here is a pic on a very cloudy day. This is one app that I will be wearing out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails camera pics-c360_2011-11-12-15-57-29.jpg  

ROM

So far the camera pics have been hit or miss, especially indoors. I installed the camera 360 app and have been amazed at some of the pics. Here is a pic on a very cloudy day. This is one app that I will be wearing out.
    Yep, nice app. Camera Zoom FX is another nice one. It's what i'm using.
    Samsung Galaxy S3....4.1.1 CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v1.992...Leankernel v0.2.1

Can you tell me how camera 360 or camera zoom fx improve upon the original camera app? Don't they both take the same pics? Also, can you make the camera key launch the third-party app?

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    Can you tell me how camera 360 or camera zoom fx improve upon the original camera app? Don't they both take the same pics? Also, can you make the camera key launch the third-party app?
    How? No idea. Yes you can use the camera button to lauch said app.
    Samsung Galaxy S3....4.1.1 CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v1.992...Leankernel v0.2.1
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Camera 360 has better white light settings. Stock settings were so so. Pictures sometimes looked washed out if I adjusted the brightness.

Do you mean the auto-white balance is better? Or is there just more white balance options to choose from?

The stock camera was ok to good. After reading in the forums i installed Camera Zoom FX from the market and wow, what an improvement. Up to par with the best of them now and i love the phone.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Scribner View Post
    The stock camera was ok to good. After reading in the forums i installed Camera Zoom FX from the market and wow, what an improvement. Up to par with the best of them now and i love the phone.
    True story! I love Camera Zoom FX