1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen shuts down

Screen goes to sleep during daily use...I am not sure if my phone is defective our if this is something caused by am app that I have downloaded...
    Anyone else having this issue?

Alex

Default Re: screen shuts down

Make sure you don't have the "Sleep in pocket" setting on... If you do, any time you put your hand over the sensor by the camera, the phone will sleep.

Definitely make sure you turn off the in
    pocket detection. That sh#t is whack.
    Last edited by ridethegutter; 11-05-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

I haven't had this issue, yet, and I do have the pocket detection on. Strangely, though, when I was experimenting with this, it doesn't seem to do anything when it IS in my pocket. No screen blank, no locking, nothing. It just stays on. Do I have a bad proximity sensor , or does this feature just not work?
    tim

Quote Originally Posted by alexg321 View Post
    Screen goes to sleep during daily use...I am not sure if my phone is defective our if this is something caused by am app that I have downloaded...
    Anyone else having this issue?

Alex
    Yes, it has happened to me too. Very seldom though so it catches me by surprise when it does.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk.

I have not had good luck with the pocket detector function either. When I turn it on it does not turn the screen off when I put it in my pocket but trying to use the phone laying in bed at night it constantly turns it off?
    Last edited by Mytwuk; 11-06-2011 at 01:26 PM.

ROM
    ParanoidAndroid/Leankrnel

Quick solution, turn the pocket sensing off, lock the phone manually before you put it in your pocket.

To the OP, is the screen going to sleep or is the phone locking? Two very different things. If it's locking, go into settings/display and see how long your screen timeout is.
    Samsung Galaxy S3....4.1.1 CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v1.992...Leankernel v0.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by 916x10 View Post
    Quick solution, turn the pocket sensing off, lock the phone manually before you put it in your pocket.
    Definitely the easiest way, never cared for that feature myself.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

To the OP, is the screen going to sleep or is the phone locking? Two very different things. If it's locking, go into settings/display and see how long your screen timeout is.
    I always shut the screen off before putting the phone away, but I have discovered through the years, they have a way of awakening themselves. I am not sure how, but I am guessing a change in bluetooth or wifi status. (?) Either way, it's frustrating to find your phone on, with a bunch of apps running, phone calls made, etc. I was hoping this setting would guard against this.
    tim

ROM
    ParanoidAndroid/Leankrnel

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB44 View Post
    I always shut the screen off before putting the phone away, but I have discovered through the years, they have a way of awakening themselves. I am not sure how, but I am guessing a change in bluetooth or wifi status. (?) Either way, it's frustrating to find your phone on, with a bunch of apps running, phone calls made, etc.
    Really? That's been one of the things I really like about this phone, that the only way to "wake it up" or unlock it is by pressing the power button. I have not had the problem and I too keep my phone in my pocket
    Samsung Galaxy S3....4.1.1 CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v1.992...Leankernel v0.2.1

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Really? That's been one of the things I really like about this phone, that the only way to "wake it up" or unlock it is by pressing the power button. I have not had the problem and I too keep my phone in my pocket
    What I was TRYING to say was..."In previous phones...". I have not had this happen yet with this phone. I just discovered this setting by accident and thought I would use it "just in case". Hopefully, this is a non-issue for us. (Although, I am concerned that nothing seems to happen when it IS in pocket.) I did make a call today and noticed the proximity sensor was doing it's job just fine, turning off the screen, and back on when I pulled the phone away.

Sorry for any confusion.
    tim