I find it completely ridiculous that motorola would not have the accessories from the first atria work with the second. I have 2 laptop docking stations car dock and mulit media kit that are now useless if and when I upgrade my current phone. I understand fully the game that is played as it relates to accessories but feel completely ripped of and disregarded as a customer. I am not sure how motorola expects me to purchase another product from them and risk the same fate.. I have expressed my concerns to them and they have fallen on deaf ears....
    11-15-2011 01:58 PM
    Is Motorola forcing you to upgrade your atria? I purchased mine by my own choice so I'm a little confused by the idea of being ripped off?
    11-15-2011 02:29 PM
    Your argument is invalid. So if you bought an iPhone 3GS then upgraded to the iPhone 4 and couldn't use your old equipment, would you be mad at Apple?
    11-15-2011 02:36 PM
    my argument is perfectly valid.. my personal phone is an iPhone 4s and the great thing about apple is all the accessories work with everything else
    11-15-2011 02:41 PM
    my point is not that they are making me .. but that i would have thought they at the very least would have made the more expensive accessories work moving forward..
    11-15-2011 02:53 PM
    I had the ATRIX 4G and didn't buy the extras, I did my research on the ATRIX 2 before buying it and found out that the docking station would not work on the A2. I went into the venture knowing all this before hand.
    11-15-2011 08:44 PM
    A little research always helps. I too have the OG ATRIX and knew NONE of my accessories would work. For the laptop docking station I think there is a mod available to get them to work with the A2, don't remember where I seen it at though
    11-16-2011 09:03 AM
    I was doing the research when i found all of this out.. I guess for lack of a better term i am just disappointed with the entire situation... I would gladly pay upwards of 40.00 for some sort of adapter to make the new phone work with the old dock.. that however isn't an option
    11-16-2011 09:44 AM
    have you tried using a mini hdmi extension cable and mini usb extension cable?

i know people have gotten the atrix lap dock to work by switching the ports around. i would imagine that the extension cables would work as well.
    11-16-2011 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD