1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Great job motorola(not)

I find it completely ridiculous that motorola would not have the accessories from the first atria work with the second. I have 2 laptop docking stations car dock and mulit media kit that are now useless if and when I upgrade my current phone. I understand fully the game that is played as it relates to accessories but feel completely ripped of and disregarded as a customer. I am not sure how motorola expects me to purchase another product from them and risk the same fate.. I have expressed my concerns to them and they have fallen on deaf ears....

Default Re: Great job motorola(not)

Is Motorola forcing you to upgrade your atria? I purchased mine by my own choice so I'm a little confused by the idea of being ripped off?

Your argument is invalid. So if you bought an iPhone 3GS then upgraded to the iPhone 4 and couldn't use your old equipment, would you be mad at Apple?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

my argument is perfectly valid.. my personal phone is an iPhone 4s and the great thing about apple is all the accessories work with everything else
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

my point is not that they are making me .. but that i would have thought they at the very least would have made the more expensive accessories work moving forward..

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I had the ATRIX 4G and didn't buy the extras, I did my research on the ATRIX 2 before buying it and found out that the docking station would not work on the A2. I went into the venture knowing all this before hand.

A little research always helps. I too have the OG ATRIX and knew NONE of my accessories would work. For the laptop docking station I think there is a mod available to get them to work with the A2, don't remember where I seen it at though
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I was doing the research when i found all of this out.. I guess for lack of a better term i am just disappointed with the entire situation... I would gladly pay upwards of 40.00 for some sort of adapter to make the new phone work with the old dock.. that however isn't an option

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

have you tried using a mini hdmi extension cable and mini usb extension cable?

i know people have gotten the atrix lap dock to work by switching the ports around. i would imagine that the extension cables would work as well.