Atrix 2 (4G) Stuck in Reboot Loop AGAIN!! (AT&T Model: MB8656)

Is your Atrix Rebooting in a Loop? (how long between reboots)

• Total voters

PaulJRichardson

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had 2 different Atrix 4G phones get stuck in the reboot loop now.
If you don't notice when it starts, and left alone to continue for an hour
or two, then this will eventually heat up the phone (very hot!!).

You are correct. The message is (next to a triangle with an exclamation (!) point inside the triangle): "Sorry! Process system is not responding"

(response option buttons are "Wait" or "Force Close")

The first two times, I did a factory reset to fix it. Then I switched
phones, to a new Atrix 4G. Same problem. Now I have done several hard
resets (erases EVERYTHING and goes back to factory condition) on TWO
DIFFERENT Atrix 4G phones, and each time, I've done all kinds of
troubleshooting including attempts to isolate the cause to a single
apk. No luck.

The ONLY fix that I've found thus far, is a Factory
Reset, which is a total pain in the neck if you haven't broken the
warrantee and rooted the phone, because each and every app must be
reinstalled and reconfigured (if you have over 200 apps, that's about 4
or 5 hours of your life down the tube, and truly a tortuous
experience). How on earth did this get past a quality review by
Motorola???!!!???

PLEASE POST BACK HERE if you find a fix other than reset.

======================================
MY SYSTEM INFO:

AT&T Best Buy

System version 55.11.16.MB865.ATT.en.US
Model Number: MB8656
Android Version: 2.3.5
Baseband version:
2011-09-21 09:42 Off.Bld
LUD_EDISON_R1D7_PATCH_27_110921_0913
Webtop version WT-1.3.0-133_EDI-8
Kernel version
2.6.35.7-gac99e44
hkdp76@ca25rhe91 #1
Build number: 5.5.1-175_EDFFW1-16

Atrixed2

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Atrix 2 (4G) Stuck in Reboot Loop AGAIN!! (AT&T Model: MB865

wow 200 apps ^_^ i got 9 (144 apps) pages of apps in my app drawer and hid some of them. Mine sometimes slows down and I figured i should uninstall apps that conflicts each other and freeze system apps. Lets say you have Gmail and email app running at the same time will cause a conflict ^_^ results may vary from FC to reboot. One fix is that you use the available fxz on xda and flash your A2 to stock. Install only the apps that you need and keep it all in your phone memory and NEVER install apps in the SD card.

Questions: What have you done to your phone? Have you tried run apps that required root but you're not rooted? are you running more than 30 widgets on different home screen? Have you tried to clear cache using application/manage application? are you using the stock task manager and put apps in the kill after 2 minutes if not being used? Sorry for the long list of questions because you have not specified what you have done to your phone to reach its current state. Yeah its a pain to recall what happened but hey its better than ranting ^_^v

PaulJRichardson

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Hi Atrixed2 :)

Thank you for the response and suggestions.

(EDITED long after the fact, in order to remove numerous mistakes, which might confuse others, and added little of value)

Last edited:

Atrixed2

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Here is the info for flashing it to stock [Fastboot Files] Gingerbread 2.3.5 for ATRIX 2 MB865 AT&T USA [Fastboot Files] - xda-developers
Here is some basic info that relates to A2 [12/28/11] The Beginners Guide !!! (NOOBS) - xda-developers

About the charger: nah it shouldn't affect your A2 unless you are rebooting and then your phone died while its powering/starting up. OR you are recovering then you run out of juice lol. Well once you flash to stock please don't install all the apps that you have only the ones that you need and to save power i would turn off GPS/wifi/bluetooth when not being used. Also the stock task manager is the only thing you will need any other ones in the market will just kill your battery ^_^ Also no need to pull the battery ^_^v unless your phone gets stuck on the same screen for more than 3 hours especially when flashing ^_^ Get a back up phone before you flash because sometimes it will take a while. Also get a usb hub that has its own external power and never ever use the usb in front of your pc case ^_^v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad