1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So what is this new update?

I just updated my wifes's phone. No problems installing that I can tell. I googled this update 55.13.1.en.US or whatever the numbers were. I couldn't find anything on it.

So what are the details of this update?

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: So what is this new update?

The Motorola website has the info as does the AT&T page noting the update.

Camera Enhancements to deliver better overall picture taking experience so you never miss a moment
    Google Music Addition of Google Music application so you have greater access to the world of music. Shop millions of songs and hundreds of free tracks. Store your purchases on Google Music for free, and listen instantly on your mobile device.
    My Gallery,
    My Music,
    My Files Re-naming of Motorola Gallery, Music, and Files applications for easy access in the Applications Tray
    Device Security Enhancements to deliver greater device security, including addition of Android security patches from Google and Cisco Any Connect VPN enablers.
    Emergency Alerts Enhancement to allow you to receive emergency alerts from authorities such as Hurricane warning notifications.
    Amazon Kindle Enhancement to include link to app for quick and easy method to access your library of Amazon digital books as well as access to the entire Amazon library.
    AT&T Messages Enhancement to include link to app for quick and easy method to give you access to all of your texts, calls and messages which have been stored in the cloud.
    Keyboard Improvements to keyboard functionality for better email experience
    Mobile Hotspot Improved stability for better overall performance
    Webtop Enhancements to improve stability and better overall performance
    BB Z10 (STL100-3 : 10.2.0.1371) on AT&T
    Got Beer?

Just updated...

It seems like they have lowered the haptic feedback when overall and it especially noticable on the keyboard. I can barely feel it at all anymore. Which sucks...

Looks like I won't be using the multi touch keyboard as much... Smh

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter @Locked2PHrozen
    "Many are called but few are chosen. Many are cold but none so PHROZEN!!!!!!!"

It also removed the carrier iq from the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by herculesinwyo View Post
    It also removed the carrier iq from the phone.
    Yes, I found this as well. I just checked using an Anti Carrier IQ app that scans for it and blocks it from getting sent. I never thought the app actually worked, but apparently it does. Because it says I have none.

Or maybe they just moved it.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter @Locked2PHrozen
    "Many are called but few are chosen. Many are cold but none so PHROZEN!!!!!!!"

Camera works a TON better. Much more efficient, I've noticed.

So far the only negative I see is freakin' screen grabber doesn't work anymore. Anyone have a fix, other than rooting?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The primary differences I have noticed have been major improvements to the camera functionality and some improvement to the "where's my stuff" problem with apps and files disappearing. The WIFI connectivity also seems to be much less schizophrenic and maintains connection more consistently.

Glad I wasn't the only one to "frick and frack" over the now dysfunctional screen grabber app! The market reviews show several posts begging the developer to release an update to fix the problem.

ROM
    CM 10 (unofficial)

The amount of ram used is much less than before. The camera has improved and the overall performance is better.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMindy2011 View Post
    Camera works a TON better. Much more efficient, I've noticed.
    I agree...my camera is working MUCH better after the update.

Everythings seems to be working better now, all my apps have stayed and not uninstalled any more. Now just need to get them to update us to 4.0 before jellybean comes out. not holding my breath thou.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

The only difference I've seen so far is a new emergency alerts app and the fact that carrier IQ is now completely gone. Several detector apps indicated its presence before but it was inactive. Now it shows as being completely fine.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison