Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS on rooted atrix 2

Hi All,

My phone has been rooted for ages, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the fact that I download the ICS update, reboot when prompted, and when phone boots up again, I get message box saying "Software Update Failed."

I know this update is brand new for us A2 users, but has anyone had a similar issue? Is there a workaround or fix?

Any help would be appreciated.

mandark71

ROM
    CM 10 (unofficial)

Default Re: ICS on rooted atrix 2

Do a fxz and start fresh. If you deleted stuff or made changes and tweaks, it won't update.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I had rooted and had only installed superuser and titanium backup. I did the ics update without unrooting and it worked fine (although it took almost 2 hours and i no longer have root access)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I am having issues with the update as well. I only had superuser with no no tweaks whatsoever. My phone downloads the file and I restart it like it prompts. It gets 1/4 the way through and it fails. I uninstalled superuser and am still having no luck. I am basically a noob with all of this stuff. Can anyone help me out with this? Any halp is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gcnts View Post
    I had rooted and had only installed superuser and titanium backup. I did the ics update without unrooting and it worked fine (although it took almost 2 hours and i no longer have root access)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    You have to do a factory reset in order to root again. The update breaks the adb comunication until you factory reset. I fought with mine for a couple of hours until I found that tidbit of advice.

I have atrix2 phone was rooted bit when i updated it tell me im not rooted still have superuser bit helpwont let me get per mission can some