Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touch screen issues

Hi everybody, first post here

My Atrix 2 has developed touch screen issues recently. Not sure if this is because of the recent ICS upgrade from AT&T, or genuine hardware issues. When the screen is unlocked, icons / buttons automatically get clicked randomly. Not able to scroll left / right very well (works randomly). I restored the phone to factory settings once and everything seemed to work for 2 hours. Afterwards the problems came back again. Appreciate any feedback on this post, i.e. whether anybody else has seen this issue and can suggest a solution

Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Touch screen issues

Any solutions? Anyone? ...

I wish I had an answer. My Atrix 2 has been a doing the same thing ever since the ICS update. At first it was a random occurrence but it has become increasingly annoying & we aren't alone, Xoom users & first gen Atrix people have reported the same problem. But I haven't found a solution yet that doesn't require sending it in, rooting it, or default restoring it I've read cleaning it up may help but mine isn't dirty. Just writing this out has been a ! It's tried to leave the page 3 times & it keeps putting random letters I'm not touching in.. also it randomly selects a different line for me to type on. I might just get another phone. But if you find a solution let me know. Twitter @andy_frost

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

I'm sorry you're having trouble, mine is working fine. The only trouble I had after the update was when I started using the "Smart Actions" app that loaded with ICS. My phone started doing weird stuff, I disabled the app and my phone has been working fine since. If you're using it try disabling it and see what happens. Wish I could be more help. Good Luck!