Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default missing play store

I bought a refurb unlocked Atrix 2 on ebay for use with a prepaid #. It is running 4.0.4.
    The play store wasn't running well, so I had the bright idea to uninstall it after clearing the cache didn't work.
    After not finding a way to reinstall it, I did a factory reset. The play store is still gone.I'm pretty much out of ideas. I'm not very knowledgeable about android.
    Any ideas as to why a factory reset is inefective? Another way to bring back the play store?

Thanks,
    Karl

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: missing play store

Quote Originally Posted by karlbr View Post
    I bought a refurb unlocked Atrix 2 on ebay for use with a prepaid #. It is running 4.0.4.
    The play store wasn't running well, so I had the bright idea to uninstall it after clearing the cache didn't work.
    After not finding a way to reinstall it, I did a factory reset. The play store is still gone.I'm pretty much out of ideas. I'm not very knowledgeable about android.
    Any ideas as to why a factory reset is inefective? Another way to bring back the play store?

Thanks,
    Karl
    You probably have to root, install a custom recovery, and flash the Google Apps again.

Default Re: missing play store

You can download the apk for play store and side load it like any other apk, I.e. download it somewhere, turn on "unknown sources" under settings/security, then click on the apk. It will install play store and everything needed. Latest version is 4.6.17. Available here with instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1996995