Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default missing play store

I bought a refurb unlocked Atrix 2 on ebay for use with a prepaid #. It is running 4.0.4.
    The play store wasn't running well, so I had the bright idea to uninstall it after clearing the cache didn't work.
    After not finding a way to reinstall it, I did a factory reset. The play store is still gone.I'm pretty much out of ideas. I'm not very knowledgeable about android.
    Any ideas as to why a factory reset is inefective? Another way to bring back the play store?

Thanks,
    Karl

Global Posts
    4,052 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: missing play store

Quote Originally Posted by karlbr View Post
    I bought a refurb unlocked Atrix 2 on ebay for use with a prepaid #. It is running 4.0.4.
    The play store wasn't running well, so I had the bright idea to uninstall it after clearing the cache didn't work.
    After not finding a way to reinstall it, I did a factory reset. The play store is still gone.I'm pretty much out of ideas. I'm not very knowledgeable about android.
    Any ideas as to why a factory reset is inefective? Another way to bring back the play store?

Thanks,
    Karl
    You probably have to root, install a custom recovery, and flash the Google Apps again.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Default Re: missing play store

You can download the apk for play store and side load it like any other apk, I.e. download it somewhere, turn on "unknown sources" under settings/security, then click on the apk. It will install play store and everything needed. Latest version is 4.6.17. Available here with instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1996995