- 1 Posts
missing play store
I bought a refurb unlocked Atrix 2 on ebay for use with a prepaid #. It is running 4.0.4.
The play store wasn't running well, so I had the bright idea to uninstall it after clearing the cache didn't work.
After not finding a way to reinstall it, I did a factory reset. The play store is still gone.I'm pretty much out of ideas. I'm not very knowledgeable about android.
Any ideas as to why a factory reset is inefective? Another way to bring back the play store?
- 03-23-2014, 09:28 PM #2“Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson
In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!
- 03-26-2014, 02:38 PM #3
- 225 Posts
Re: missing play store
You can download the apk for play store and side load it like any other apk, I.e. download it somewhere, turn on "unknown sources" under settings/security, then click on the apk. It will install play store and everything needed. Latest version is 4.6.17. Available here with instructions:
- By Ry in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 03-20-2014, 09:06 AM
- By jakeenders in forum IntroductionsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-19-2014, 10:43 PM
- By jnicholaides in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2014, 08:02 PM
- By Christian Cugini in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 03-19-2014, 02:33 PM
- By Ry in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2014, 12:42 PM