Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Atrix 4g Data and MMS not working, need correct apn!! Please Help!!

I have tried dozens of apns, I have the correct phone and sim for straight talk, I can text and call and use wifi, but no mms or data!!

Default Re: Atrix 4g Data and MMS not working, need correct apn!! Please Help!!

Did you upgrade your phone to jellybean?
    • One Android app notes: "The Android 4.0 + blocked the ability to save APN settings for cellular networks by external programs. Only the system programs have access to the APN configuration. The program installed as an external program, unfortunately, in these versions will not work."

qunybble: The Atrix 4g can not be upgraded to Jellybean, only to Gingerbread

How did you get it to make calls and text messages? And what SIM Card and APN Setting did you use?

I got these settings from straight talk customer service. They worked perfectly on my atrix 4g and now my atrix 2. It's been a year and i didn't remember them, so here they are copied from my phone. Let everyone seeking to use these phones on straight talk in the future now know what they are.

Name: straight talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: mms2.tracfone.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: none
    APN Type: not set
    APN Protocol: IPv4

Sent from my MB865 using AC Forums mobile app

This did not work for me