Will the Razr HD resemble the Atrix HD?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
For those who may have missed it, here's an Android Central story about the Atrix HD - click here

While I hope that I'm wrong, my bet is the Razr HD will be very similar to this phone from a specifications standpoint. (Same screen size, processor, RAM, etc.)

While I think the Atrix HD is an attractive design I have to wonder why Motorola crippled it with a small battery. I also hate the fact that it has on-screen buttons despite the fact it has a HUGE bezel advertising that AT&T is the phone's carrier.

Unless the Razr HD is a big step up from the Atrix HD I'm betting it's going to be a "day late and a dollar short."

Concerning the Atrix HD, why would someone buy that phone when AT&T already has the One X and the S III?

Reactions: MERCDROID

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Some people like motorola's build and radios. Some even say that blur is one of the better skins with ics.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For those who may have missed it, here's an Android Central story about the Atrix HD - click here

While I hope that I'm wrong, my bet is the Razr HD will be very similar to this phone from a specifications standpoint. (Same screen size, processor, RAM, etc.)

While I think the Atrix HD is an attractive design I have to wonder why Motorola crippled it with a small battery. I also hate the fact that it has on-screen buttons despite the fact it has a HUGE bezel advertising that AT&T is the phone's carrier.

Unless the Razr HD is a big step up from the Atrix HD I'm betting it's going to be a "day late and a dollar short."

Concerning the Atrix HD, why would someone buy that phone when AT&T already has the One X and the S III?

It will be very similar, specs-wise. I predict for at least the next 3 or 4 months, every phone coming to AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon will be powered by a variant of the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. There may be differences on GPU and RAM size, though.

It'll likely be a Qualcomm S4 powering the Atrix HD, just like the One-series and GSIII. It seems like Motorola will be a generation behind on unifying their offerings (if they even plan on unifying) like HTC's One-series and the Samsung Galaxy SIII which is pretty much going to every carrier untouched, design-wise (if Motorola even plans to unify).

AT&T: Atrix series
Sprint: Photon series
Verizon: RAZR series

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Some people like motorola's build and radios. Some even say that blur is one of the better skins with ics.

IMO, Motorola's Blur interpretation of ICS is the next best thing to stock Android.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
It'll likely be a Qualcomm S4 powering the Atrix HD, just like the One-series and GSIII. It seems like Motorola will be a generation behind on unifying their offerings (if they even plan on unifying) like HTC's One-series and the Samsung Galaxy SIII which is pretty much going to every carrier untouched, design-wise (if Motorola even plans to unify).

Interesting comment about the OEMs integrating their products so they have fewer phones that they provide to multiple carriers. I think that's a great idea from the consumer's perspective and would be good for the future of Android in light of all the concerns about fragmentation.

In my opinion the carriers in the U.S. have too much control and it would be great if it was easier for consumers to move from one carrier to another without worrying about buying new hardware.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

That's a good point, Motorola does have a good reputation for radios and build quality. I also think the Atrix HD is a pretty decent looking phone - it would be damn near perfect if it had a 4.8" screen and used capacitive buttons where the AT&T logo is.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting comment about the OEMs integrating their products so they have fewer phones that they provide to multiple carriers. I think that's a great idea from the consumer's perspective and would be good for the future of Android in light of all the concerns about fragmentation.

In my opinion the carriers in the U.S. have too much control and it would be great if it was easier for consumers to move from one carrier to another without worrying about buying new hardware.

Even though the GSIII is on five US carriers, I doubt they'll all get updates at the same time.

I was more concerned about accessories like cases and docks. Look at the GSIII. Like the iPhone, case makers can pump out volume of one design, saving R&D costs.

Last edited:

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The rumors and leaked photos all suggest a larger battery and 13 mp camera. Of course, they are still rumors so.... If it does end up with the same size battery I will be greatly disappointed, then maybe wait for the inevitable Razr HD Maxx or get something else.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
The rumors and leaked photos all suggest a larger battery and 13 mp camera. Of course, they are still rumors so.... If it does end up with the same size battery I will be greatly disappointed, then maybe wait for the inevitable Razr HD Maxx or get something else.

Hopefully the specs for RAZR HD are better than the ATRIX..

I agree on both counts. My bet is the Razr HD gets a better camera and a larger battery and that's it. It certainly won't be a phone that will set the World on fire.

With rumors of several new Nexus phones in the late part of Fall, I can't imagine there are going to be too many hard-core Android enthusiasts who end up with a Razr HD.

dphorgan2#AC

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it will be rectangular in shape with the screen taking up most of the one side with a power and volume rocker buttons on the side some where. It'll have a battery and a processor and memory of some sort. I 100% back this guess. I hope they don't screw it up like the GSIII and make it only a dual core..... so 2010!

El Nivek

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it will be rectangular in shape with the screen taking up most of the one side with a power and volume rocker buttons on the side some where. It'll have a battery and a processor and memory of some sort. I 100% back this guess. I hope they don't screw it up like the GSIII and make it only a dual core..... so 2010!

2010 was the still the single core age, 2011 was when the dual cores came out in mass, 2012 is well, still dual core for the US. :p Motorola makes some nice looking phones, except they choose the crappiest place to put the carrier logos.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There's just no way Motorola should release another phone with a battery similar to the original Razr. After the Razr MAXX, any phone they release with a battery below 2100 mah on a screen 4.3inches or bigger will have to at least be removable, which I dont believe will happen as evidence from Moto's recent devices. And with them being purchased by Google, the next Razr should be a Nexus... Just imagine, a Moto Nexus, with at least a 4.5 inch HD screen, at least dual core 1.5ghz, 2 gb ram, a removable battery, 32gb of onboard storage with memory expandable up to 2tb via SDXC, and an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER :eek:

irkan

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
i hope the back of the razr HD is as the leaked images showed (all the back is covered with kevlar) it looks so classy!

regarding the bootloader, can someone point me to what does "locked bootloader" exactly mean? does it mean that the phone cant be rooted and / or custom rom can be flashed to it?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i hope the back of the razr HD is as the leaked images showed (all the back is covered with kevlar) it looks so classy!

regarding the bootloader, can someone point me to what does "locked bootloader" exactly mean? does it mean that the phone cant be rooted and / or custom rom can be flashed to it?

Locked bootloader basically means no custom kernels or alternate radios.

Rooting and ROM flashing might be harder to do but it should be able to be done.

Reactions: irkan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34