I've got an Atrix HD, ask me anything

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Any way to make change the default screen back to the middle? Having it on the far left gets annoying pretty quickly.( With the five home screens, when I push the home button, I would like it to go to the third screen)

I'd like to know if the above question s is possible also.

Can you place files (like a Word doc or PDF) in the other available screens? So if I go to the Home screen, swipe over one screen, can I place anything in these screens? Sorry, I'm a BlackBerry user so I know nothing about the Android OS.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Since it supposedly doesn't have Webtop, what happens when you plug it into a TV via mirco HDMI?

What about the Lapdock 100 or Lapdock 500 Pro?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Since it supposedly doesn't have Webtop, what happens when you plug it into a TV via mirco HDMI?

What about the Lapdock 100 or Lapdock 500 Pro?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

It still has HDMI mirroring...I've already tried that.

I do have the lapdock 100 and lapdock 500 as well, but haven't tried it with either.

jl.carroll

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Update after two days.

Battery life - After 8 hours of moderate use today I still had 40% battery left. I made many voice calls, I streamed music, I played music on the device, browsed the web, used FB Twitter and Google+, Yahoo mail, Kindle, Gallery, etc... Even on auto brightness the screen is the biggest battery hog at 70%. I think this is a reasonable result. There are phones with larger batteries but this should work for one day of use.

I'm loving the Smart Actions by Motorola. Basically the allow you to make your own Macros for certain conditions with the phone. You set a trigger and then the action. I finally figured out how to prevent my music from being interrupted by social media notifications, text messages, and emails. When I plug in headphones or speakers it will auto silence the phone and there is no audible notification or pause. You still get the alert in the notification bar and the LED flashes.

I figured out my problem with the browser getting to about 90% and stalling out. After trying three browsers I called Customer Service at 611 and after verifying IMEI and SIM they re-registered my phone and now the Browser works as it should every time.

I really like the face unlock and if for some reason it doesn't recognize me I can set a pattern or PIN for more security.

So I still think this is a great phone for $99. I would buy for $199. The car dock was an added bonus. My friend is a store rep and told me you can trade in old phones for even more $$. Actually better than what you get at a local store that will buy used phones. I'll probably get the desktop dock and a case tomorrow.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting review points. I watched the 2 part review on Phone Dog and he seemed to like it very well too, which for an Apple fan boy is saying something. I was leaning towards the GS3 but didn't really want to shell out the $$. As you probably know, both BB and Amazon had the MAHD for $50, though they don't include the car dock. Since I drive a convertible not sure I'd want it anyway since someone could easily lift it when I park the car. I guess I have to go to ATT and play with it and see what I think. It DOES seem like a lot of bang for the buck though.

How can I import my iTunes music to the MAHD? Will Double Twist do the job? Or do I have to import it to Google Music using the Music Manager, which has crashed my lap top in the past..

jl.carroll

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I took advantage of the trade in program at at&t today. I turned in an old HTC Inspire and received $81 in credit! I turned around and purchased the Atrix HD Media Dock $49, and the Incipio Silicrylic Shine Case $35. I included a picture.

So far this phone has been the best deal I've ever had for a phone. I'm really hoping that with the new partnership between Google and Motorola this phone will see Jelly Bean soon. The streamlined ICS UI gives me hope because it's much cleaner than Sense or TouchWiz.

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Our Atrix HD review unit just got here, and this is a great place to pose your questions. I'll answer some here, some in the review, and promise to get to as many as I can.

GOGOGO!

Can you please post shot pics from the camera? Maybe using burst too? The only thing holding back from this phone is the camera. Other reviews are saying the camera is not that great. I would love to see some actual shots taken from this phone. My OG Atrix camera is garbage compared to all the other cameras on the latest phones. Thanks!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Jerry.. it's interesting that you started this discussion but haven't responded but once since you posted this.. I would think you'd want to reply to the inquiries people in this forum are making, don't you? I'm about to buy one of these phones. After playing with it at the ATT store side by side with the GS3, the Atrix screen is TOTALLY the winner and the Moto UI is far less intrusive than Touch Wiz, not to mention I can get this phone for $50 at Amazon, no tax or shipping. To me it's a no brainer!

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Jerry.. it's interesting that you started this discussion but haven't responded but once since you posted this.. I would think you'd want to reply to the inquiries people in this forum are making, don't you? I'm about to buy one of these phones. After playing with it at the ATT store side by side with the GS3, the Atrix screen is TOTALLY the winner and the Moto UI is far less intrusive than Touch Wiz, not to mention I can get this phone for $50 at Amazon, no tax or shipping. To me it's a no brainer!

Then buy it! Its your decision you shouldnt need someone to tell you which phone to get . Pick the phone that will make you happy and feel good about the decision

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: icewater106

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered a white MAHD from Amazon, so thanks.

As a noob, would love to know if there are any step by step tutorials much like some have done for the GS3. The UI on this phone is much different than TW so it would be nice to have the tips and tricks for using and setting it up. Will check out You Tube also. BTW, the Best Buy stores in my area (North SF Bay area) do not have the phone in stock as yet.

IP IHI II IL

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Any ideas on root yet, Jerry?

Picked up the Atrix HD from Best Buy for $50 2 days ago, and love it! Coming from a RAZR, though they're pretty similar (except for Blur).

My tab's Flyer than yours... (unless this is posted in a Flyer thread... Then it's just as Flyer...)
http://android-gz.com

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas on root yet, Jerry?

Picked up the Atrix HD from Best Buy for $50 2 days ago, and love it! Coming from a RAZR, though they're pretty similar (except for Blur).

My tab's Flyer than yours... (unless this is posted in a Flyer thread... Then it's just as Flyer...)

On xda some ppl are wkin on the boatloader...why ask a guy a question when he doesnr respond ...i hv an ATRIX also... whats the big deal about this thread

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

IP IHI II IL

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
On xda some ppl are wkin on the boatloader...why ask a guy a question when he doesnr respond ...i hv an ATRIX also... whats the big deal about this thread

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Uhm... Cause he told me to...

I'm a pretty active member of XDA, so I know about those threads, but thanks.

Jerry is also a dev, so I thought maybe he knew something we didn't.

\\Carved into this thread by my ICS RAZR//

biggdaddyt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Big question I know the reports from most reviewers is that the lapdocks dont work and webtop was removed...but what happens when you hook it up? Does it still display on the lapdock? Will it still charge the phone? Also would there be any way to install an apk to allow webtop?

Thanks again really wanting to get the phone but it may hinge on this a little.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It does nothing. The connectors are on the top of this phone, so to try it......not worth it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ninjabill_1

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you know how I can make wallpapers to fit the entire screen? I changed a few different wallpapers and all of them do not fit the screen. I know you can crop them but they still don't fit. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith