Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NickB2005 View Post
    Honestly, I would put it right in the mix with those two. It has the same processor as those two. It's basically a premium phone at half the price. If you lay out the specs for the 3 phones and compare them you will see that for $99 it makes perfect sense to go with this phone or at least give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.
    How is the signal/reception? I love the one x but the htc antenna is the best in my office.

Default Re: I've got an Atrix HD, ask me anything

Does the camera have any lag while taking pictures? Can it take pics as fast as the One X or the GS3? Does it have a burst mode?

Default I've got an Atrix HD, ask me anything

Does it Have Swype?

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Can it print money?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Does it have a gyroscope?

Any way to make change the default screen back to the middle? Having it on the far left gets annoying pretty quickly.( With the five home screens, when I push the home button, I would like it to go to the third screen)
    Last edited by odiej34; 07-14-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Is the gallery and music app still as atrocious as it is in typical Motorola's (such as RAZR) with GB/ICS?

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grn4frk View Post
    Is the gallery and music app still as atrocious as it is in typical Motorola's (such as RAZR) with GB/ICS?
    I was wondering the same thing. Go neers

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I don't know if I agree that the screen is just OK. When I first booted it, I put it at 75% brightness and opened Maps. Did the same for my One X and the AHD was clearly brighter and the colors looked more vibrant. Maybe my perception was off. I'll compare again after it fully charges.

EDIT: Definitely disagree. Just emailed one of the wallpapers on the AHD to my HOX, put both screens at 75%. The AHD is brighter with crisper detail, no question. Now, this may vary from unit to unit, but there is no doubt that on the devices I have, the whites, colors and details are better on the AHD. I'll post a picture later.
    Last edited by iJITSU; 07-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Who is manufacturing the screens? is it an IPS or PLS or even AMOLED?

I picked a white one up yesterday. OBTW at&t is offering a free car dock from Motorola. This phone is great in the dock.

I have been debating the HTC OneX and GS3 for quite some time. This phone appeared to combine the best of both worlds for me and it was lighter on my pocketbook.

Pros
    1. It has great build quality. Not as sexy as the OneX but much better than the GS3.
    2. It has the same S4 processor.
    3. A beautiful screen. GS3 owners should be jealous. For me it's hard to tell the difference with the HTC OneX.
    4. Expandable memory. I have a 32GB card in it now.
    5. Benchmarks are on par if not higher than some on the OneX and GS3
    6. A dedicated HDMI out port.
    7. I also have to agree with Jerry about the nearly pure ICS experience. The few UI tweaks are the best I have seen so far.
    8. For a limited time at&t gives you a Motorola Car Dock for free. It's built specifically for this phone and it's worth at least $40.
    9. I really like the Circles app and the information it provides.
    10. The rear speaker is the best I have heard on any phone period! It's a beast.
    11. There is a setting for the video camera that is for concerts. I'm looking forward to trying this out. I see a lot of live music and every Android phone I have used the audio is so distorted I can't watch the video. I'm looking forward to seeing how this performs. I'll try it out this weekend.
    12. Speaking of sound, calls sound great.
    13. I really enjoy swiping up on some of the apps to get a quick look at calls, messages, calendar, etc..

Cons
    1. Sealed battery like the OneX. I was aware and already keep chargers in the car, at home and at work.
    2. It gets quite hot if you are doing a lot of work.
    3. It's easy to cover the camera with your finger.
    4. The camera isn't up to par with the HTC OneX, GS3, or iPhone4s.
    5. There is wasted real estate around the bezel. A larger screen or smaller form factor could have been used. I'm a big guy at 6'2 so it fits me perfectly.

Too answer a few questions above...
    1. The signal is great for the Network and WiFi.
    2. Camera is zero lag and it does have burst mode.
    3. The calendar is great and syncs well.
    4. Google Play Music is the default music player.
    5. It has Swype

@jl.carroll,

Thanks for that writeup. I'm looking at the same phones you looked at and trying to decide which one would suit me best. I currently have the Maxx on vzw and will be switching to ATT.

I'm sure you're still in the evaluating stage, but how's battery life been so far? How about reception? Are you in a LTE market?

Battery life is so so... I've only had it for about 24 hours now. I will report back tomorrow and give a better estimate. I use my phone a lot (especially since it is new) so that may skew the results.

Reception is very good.

I'm not in an LTE market but the HSPA+ is very fast. I consistently get over 8Mbps download and around 1Mbps up. I may be in an LTE market later this week and will report back.

I'm loving the car dock. Best experience I've had yet. The mics work great and everyone can hear me even when it's mounted a couple feet from my mouth. You can customize your apps in the car dock mode. I have mine set up for automatic so when I place it in the cradle it will auto text people that I'm driving. It will also read out your text messages.

Now if I could only figure out how to keep my music from being interrupted everytime I get an email, text or FB update. Does anyone know how to prevent notifications while listening to the music player? I've always had this problem on Android phones. I know you can just turn off mobile data but I still want to see the notifications I just don't want my music paused momentarily and a loud notification to be blared over my stereo.

One other issue I have noticed is the browser taking a long time to complete the webpage. This is with the stock browser or with Chrome. It will run up to about 90% complete and take a long time to finish. My speed tests above show that it is a fast connection.

You can also sync the stock browser with Chrome to get your bookmarks. I actually like the layout of the stock browser. It also has a Motorola tweak when you swipe up on the app you see recent bookmarks/pages/etc..

And if it matter to anyone I get about a 30-35 second boot from off.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by odiej34 View Post
    Any way to make change the default screen back to the middle? Having it on the far left gets annoying pretty quickly.( With the five home screens, when I push the home button, I would like it to go to the third screen)
    I'd like to know if the above question s is possible also.

Can you place files (like a Word doc or PDF) in the other available screens? So if I go to the Home screen, swipe over one screen, can I place anything in these screens? Sorry, I'm a BlackBerry user so I know nothing about the Android OS.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Since it supposedly doesn't have Webtop, what happens when you plug it into a TV via mirco HDMI?

What about the Lapdock 100 or Lapdock 500 Pro?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Since it supposedly doesn't have Webtop, what happens when you plug it into a TV via mirco HDMI?

What about the Lapdock 100 or Lapdock 500 Pro?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    It still has HDMI mirroring...I've already tried that.

I do have the lapdock 100 and lapdock 500 as well, but haven't tried it with either.

Update after two days.

Battery life - After 8 hours of moderate use today I still had 40% battery left. I made many voice calls, I streamed music, I played music on the device, browsed the web, used FB Twitter and Google+, Yahoo mail, Kindle, Gallery, etc... Even on auto brightness the screen is the biggest battery hog at 70%. I think this is a reasonable result. There are phones with larger batteries but this should work for one day of use.

I'm loving the Smart Actions by Motorola. Basically the allow you to make your own Macros for certain conditions with the phone. You set a trigger and then the action. I finally figured out how to prevent my music from being interrupted by social media notifications, text messages, and emails. When I plug in headphones or speakers it will auto silence the phone and there is no audible notification or pause. You still get the alert in the notification bar and the LED flashes.

I figured out my problem with the browser getting to about 90% and stalling out. After trying three browsers I called Customer Service at 611 and after verifying IMEI and SIM they re-registered my phone and now the Browser works as it should every time.

I really like the face unlock and if for some reason it doesn't recognize me I can set a pattern or PIN for more security.

So I still think this is a great phone for $99. I would buy for $199. The car dock was an added bonus. My friend is a store rep and told me you can trade in old phones for even more $$. Actually better than what you get at a local store that will buy used phones. I'll probably get the desktop dock and a case tomorrow.

Interesting review points. I watched the 2 part review on Phone Dog and he seemed to like it very well too, which for an Apple fan boy is saying something. I was leaning towards the GS3 but didn't really want to shell out the $$. As you probably know, both BB and Amazon had the MAHD for $50, though they don't include the car dock. Since I drive a convertible not sure I'd want it anyway since someone could easily lift it when I park the car. I guess I have to go to ATT and play with it and see what I think. It DOES seem like a lot of bang for the buck though.

How can I import my iTunes music to the MAHD? Will Double Twist do the job? Or do I have to import it to Google Music using the Music Manager, which has crashed my lap top in the past..

I took advantage of the trade in program at at&t today. I turned in an old HTC Inspire and received $81 in credit! I turned around and purchased the Atrix HD Media Dock $49, and the Incipio Silicrylic Shine Case $35. I included a picture.

So far this phone has been the best deal I've ever had for a phone. I'm really hoping that with the new partnership between Google and Motorola this phone will see Jelly Bean soon. The streamlined ICS UI gives me hope because it's much cleaner than Sense or TouchWiz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've got an Atrix HD, ask me anything-img_20120719_122214_043.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post

Our Atrix HD review unit just got here, and this is a great place to pose your questions. I'll answer some here, some in the review, and promise to get to as many as I can.

GOGOGO!
    Can you please post shot pics from the camera? Maybe using burst too? The only thing holding back from this phone is the camera. Other reviews are saying the camera is not that great. I would love to see some actual shots taken from this phone. My OG Atrix camera is garbage compared to all the other cameras on the latest phones. Thanks!
    Banned

Takin last night

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've got an Atrix HD, ask me anything-uploadfromtaptalk1342829976124.jpg  

Jerry.. it's interesting that you started this discussion but haven't responded but once since you posted this.. I would think you'd want to reply to the inquiries people in this forum are making, don't you? I'm about to buy one of these phones. After playing with it at the ATT store side by side with the GS3, the Atrix screen is TOTALLY the winner and the Moto UI is far less intrusive than Touch Wiz, not to mention I can get this phone for $50 at Amazon, no tax or shipping. To me it's a no brainer!

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    Jerry.. it's interesting that you started this discussion but haven't responded but once since you posted this.. I would think you'd want to reply to the inquiries people in this forum are making, don't you? I'm about to buy one of these phones. After playing with it at the ATT store side by side with the GS3, the Atrix screen is TOTALLY the winner and the Moto UI is far less intrusive than Touch Wiz, not to mention I can get this phone for $50 at Amazon, no tax or shipping. To me it's a no brainer!
    Then buy it! Its your decision you shouldnt need someone to tell you which phone to get . Pick the phone that will make you happy and feel good about the decision

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast