Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I've got an Atrix HD, ask me anything

Just ordered a white MAHD from Amazon, so thanks.

As a noob, would love to know if there are any step by step tutorials much like some have done for the GS3. The UI on this phone is much different than TW so it would be nice to have the tips and tricks for using and setting it up. Will check out You Tube also. BTW, the Best Buy stores in my area (North SF Bay area) do not have the phone in stock as yet.

Any ideas on root yet, Jerry?

Picked up the Atrix HD from Best Buy for $50 2 days ago, and love it! Coming from a RAZR, though they're pretty similar (except for Blur).

My tab's Flyer than yours... (unless this is posted in a Flyer thread... Then it's just as Flyer...)
    http://android-gz.com
    Banned

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IP IHI II IL View Post
    Any ideas on root yet, Jerry?

Picked up the Atrix HD from Best Buy for $50 2 days ago, and love it! Coming from a RAZR, though they're pretty similar (except for Blur).

My tab's Flyer than yours... (unless this is posted in a Flyer thread... Then it's just as Flyer...)
    On xda some ppl are wkin on the boatloader...why ask a guy a question when he doesnr respond ...i hv an ATRIX also... whats the big deal about this thread

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gogators1974 View Post
    On xda some ppl are wkin on the boatloader...why ask a guy a question when he doesnr respond ...i hv an ATRIX also... whats the big deal about this thread

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Uhm... Cause he told me to...

I'm a pretty active member of XDA, so I know about those threads, but thanks.

Jerry is also a dev, so I thought maybe he knew something we didn't.

\\Carved into this thread by my ICS RAZR//

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post

Our Atrix HD review unit just got here, and this is a great place to pose your questions. I'll answer some here, some in the review, and promise to get to as many as I can.

GOGOGO!
    Where are the settings for the led notification, or is there a notification led at all. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsglock17 View Post
    Where are the settings for the led notification, or is there a notification led at all. Thank you.
    There aren't any settings for the LED (it's in the speaker mesh). There are some 3rd party apps in the Play Store, but I've never had much luck with them...

I chose the red pill... Now I'm in the mAtrix and I know Kung Fu... in HD!

I've been able to change the color of the LED within certain apps.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Big question I know the reports from most reviewers is that the lapdocks dont work and webtop was removed...but what happens when you hook it up? Does it still display on the lapdock? Will it still charge the phone? Also would there be any way to install an apk to allow webtop?

Thanks again really wanting to get the phone but it may hinge on this a little.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock AT&T

It does nothing. The connectors are on the top of this phone, so to try it......not worth it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Do you know how I can make wallpapers to fit the entire screen? I changed a few different wallpapers and all of them do not fit the screen. I know you can crop them but they still don't fit. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

My ATT ATrix HD didn't allow me to pinch zoom in/out when reading email. It did okay with browser. Do you know how to fix that?

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock AT&T

It isn't able to do it in email on any ICS device. Have to wait for Jellybean 4.2?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

IS THERE ANY WAY TO UNINSTALL THE AT&T BLOATWARE?
    I just upgraded from original AT&T Atrix 4G to Atrix HD. I think my old Atrix's performance was better. I think the ton of AT&T crapware running in the background kills the Atrix HD. The AT&T bloatware will not simply uninstall. Is that any way to uninstall this AT&T crap-apps without rooting the phone? Thank you to all who can shed some light! -- Preston

Quote Originally Posted by prston View Post
    IS THERE ANY WAY TO UNINSTALL THE AT&T BLOATWARE?
    I just upgraded from original AT&T Atrix 4G to Atrix HD. I think my old Atrix's performance was better. I think the ton of AT&T crapware running in the background kills the Atrix HD. The AT&T bloatware will not simply uninstall. Is that any way to uninstall this AT&T crap-apps without rooting the phone? Thank you to all who can shed some light! -- Preston
    The easiest thing is to disable the apps you are unable to uninstall. They won't start up and run. If you root, you can uninstall or freeze them, but that might keep you from doing an OTA later. Disabling the apps is the safest way (although they may be re-enabled by an OTA).

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    prston 

Dear AT&T,

If I wanted your applications on my phone I would install them myself. How about giving device owners an out, like you do on Windows Phone, to uninstall your bloatware and free up valuable space? When I was on Windows Phone I could uninstall virtually any application on the device that was pre-loaded AT&T bloatware. The only AT&T application I kept wa myAT&T to manage my account.

That being said, Google has done right offering the ability to disable applications in Android Ice Cream Sandwich on. I just wish we could uninstall applications and if we decided to at a later point load them onto our devices we could.

Hey how are you? I have an issue that no one seems to have an answer for. I just purchased an atrix hd yesterday and my wifi refuses to stay connected for more than 30 seconds. Would know anything about that? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Turn off att smart WiFi. Had the same problem with mine until I did this.

Been having a good time with my Atrix HD. Got a message that if I would just install the Motorola Device Manager, I could plug my Atrix into my tower computer via USB and then I could drag and drop the 200 pix in my Gallery under Camera over to the tower and there they'd be on my hard drive ready for photoshopping and whatever.

It worked really well. When I plug the Atrix into the USB port, a little picture of a smartphone with the Motorola red M appears. When I point the cursor at it, it Says Motorola Device Manager.

But that's all it does. I have clicked on it, double-clicked on it, right-clicked on it, and the only one that got a reaction was right-click, which let me select check for device update, which told me I had the latest version (98.4.20.MB886.ATT.en.US)

So now what? I really don't want to email all those pix to myself, which works fine for a pic or two...

Al

Hello,

I recently bought the Motorola Atrix HD and am loving it. The only problem I am having is that the phone shuts off when the battery gets to 40%.
    Can you please give me some advice as to how to fix it?
    I've gone into settings and battery but there are no options to change powering down. I've also tried setting the phone's SmartActions differently but nothing has helped.

Thank you,
    Kelsey

How do you turn off facebook chat? When you pull up chat what button do you press to bring up the menu? The 3 buttons on the bottom of the screen just makes you exit out of facebook. Thanks for any info

I tried to root my atrix but something went wrong and my device got rebooted and it got stuck in the logo screen. What do I do to it now ?

What would be the best way to free my RAM space?

my baseband says unknown i have no signal and the modem refuses to flash

how do you turn off group texting on the atrix hd
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123