Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Phil Nickinson
  • 1 Post By IP IHI II IL
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why is this phone being ignored/avoided???

OK.... I really like this phone like many people out there. I just can't understand why it is not getting more coverage. The only thing I have seen from Android Central is a brief initial review from Jerry. Did I miss a full review??? I don't need to cover the positives and negatives of this phone again. It deserves much more coverage than what it is getting.

Do you agree or disagree with me?

Default Re: Why is this phone being ignored/avoided???

Quote Originally Posted by jl.carroll View Post
    OK.... I really like this phone like many people out there. I just can't understand why it is not getting more coverage. The only thing I have seen from Android Central is a brief initial review from Jerry. Did I miss a full review??? I don't need to cover the positives and negatives of this phone again. It deserves much more coverage than what it is getting.

What are you expecting? It's a budget offering(by Motorola's own admission) and is not meant to compete with premium offerings like the HOX and GS 3. Media like AC are going to cover phones that sell the most and have the most appeal to potential readers. In that regard the AHD is a non-starter and I haven't even seen Motorola hype its own product, whereas the GS 3 and HOX are all over TV, movie theaters etc.

Bottom line: If you like your phone, and there is a lot to like for $49.00, that's all that counts.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Pretty sure we still have a full review coming.
    IP IHI II IL likes this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I was wondering the same thing. I love this phone.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

For me, the non removable battery is too small. To a lesser extent, there is too much empty bezel space. Wanted to try this phone, but got an SGS3 and an extra battery instead. Same size, more screen. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Westex; 08-13-2012 at 05:50 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm looking forward to the full review from AC.

Yes it was priced as a budget phone but the specs are nearly equal to the top of the line phones.

I'm still scratching my head why this isn't advertised more. With Google now running things you would think they would want to sell more phones.

I'm looking forward to the full review from AC.

Yes it was priced as a budget phone but the specs are nearly equal to the top of the line phones.

I'm still scratching my head why this isn't advertised more. With Google now running things you would think they would want to sell more phones.
    Just curious, if you already have the phone and love it why do you care about the AC review or whether Google promotes the phone?

Use it and enjoy it!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

but....if they ever make an Atrix HD MAXX...I am so there!!!!

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westex View Post
    but....if they ever make an Atrix HD MAXX...I am so there!!!!
    2nded. If they don't make a better MOTO phone for AT&T soon. I am going to Samsung Note!

This phone is awesome outta the box, aside from a lil over sensitivity on screen... Hopefully root is obtained before the unlock tool, but even if we have to officially void warranty with Moto's upcoming toolkit, it'll be worth it.

I don't know what more you're looking for in a stock phone (outside of maybe quad core) but this phone does exactly what it should. It's been compared to the SGS III, and One X and in some reviewers opinions, bested them both...

I chose the red pill... Now I'm in the mAtrix and I know Kung Fu... in HD!
    Thanked by:
    Lanhoj 
    Lanhoj likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    Just curious, if you already have the phone and love it why do you care about the AC review or whether Google promotes the phone?

Use it and enjoy it!
    Because with more coverage comes quicker updates, more accessories, more discussion, more everything. If it is ignored it will be forgotten.

I am enjoying it.. except for the camera. The pictures my wife was taking with her HOX at our last concert were amazing compared to mine. The rumors of a quad core, LTE HOX coming definitely have me excited.

Because with more coverage comes quicker updates, more accessories, more discussion, more everything. If it is ignored it will be forgotten.

I am enjoying it.. except for the camera. The pictures my wife was taking with her HOX at our last concert were amazing compared to mine. The rumors of a quad core, LTE HOX coming definitely have me excited.
    If you were looking for those things then you bought the wrong phone. This is NOT nor was it ever intended to be a flagship phone for Moto like the HOX and S3 are. It's a budget offering so expecting media hype is unrealistic.
    Thanked by: