Wifi slow and sluggish! Anybody else? Help!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody else's wifi on your new hd sluggish? I connect with no problem at home and at work. The wifi symbol is there. I know when we go to connect to wifi data that some symbol pops up between the wifi symbol. It sometimes does not always show up. And then it takes for ever to load a page. Under wifi settings it says I have 48 mbps.. And good strength. Is taking for ever for pages to load for some reason. I don't know if it's just the phone or what. This is my second hd is doing the same thing. I don't understand what that symbol means in the middle of the wifi symbol. I came from the one x, in that had a wifi symbol all the time and never had a problem.

Sent from my MB886 using Android Central Forums

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine and am having a hard time connecting to my Wi-FI at all. It just says Obtaining IP, and sticks there, then it goes back to my available connections. I can't get WiFi at all.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine and am having a hard time connecting to my Wi-FI at all. It just says Obtaining IP, and sticks there, then it goes back to my available connections. I can't get WiFi at all.

It seems like the wifi is really touchy. I had a similar problem with the wifi at work. It just kept saying obtaining ip address. So I went into setting under wifi. Advanced settings I think.. I unchecked automatically connect to at&t hot spot. Also go into apps menu in settings. Find at&t smart wifi. Force stop it. This seems to help.. Also might went to try and just resetting your router. unplug it for a few seconds and try again. If this helps.. if this doesn't work then I would try a factory reset on the phone first. Have you tried another wifi spot? Might be the router

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it works on my buddies WiFi at his house where I just came from, it linked right up. At home I get nothing. I will try what you suggested and if it doesn't work I guess I will call Moto and see what they have to say.

**UPDATE**
I did exactly what you had suggested @Mondingo, and it worked great. I disabled the AT&T Smart WiFi app and reset my router, it didn't work until I did BOTH of those. Thanks!

Last edited:

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it works on my buddies WiFi at his house where I just came from, it linked right up. At home I get nothing. I will try what you suggested and if it doesn't work I guess I will call Moto and see what they have to say.

**UPDATE**
I did exactly what you had suggested @Mondingo, and it worked great. I disabled the AT&T Smart WiFi app and reset my router, it didn't work until I did BOTH of those. Thanks!

Cool! Glad it worked out for you... Now enjoy... Anytime!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith