Can you use the Atrix HD on Straight Talk?

mgentles

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't say I'm particularly happy with Straight Talk as a company. I was on hold for 36 minutes before reaching an agent who transferred me to another department. The transfer was on hold for 56 minutes. Anyway, they did get my service up and running. Everything SEEMED to be working on the factory unlocked Atrix HD, but I only browsed around it for a few minutes. I transferred the card to the Atrix that was still locked to AT&T and everything seems to be working there as well. The person who posted that you should leave the proxy address (the tracphone one) blank is absolutely correct. Nothing worked right until I removed that setting. If all else fails try powering the phone off and on again without the SIM, then insert the SIM and power off and on again. Or you could reboot by holding the power and volume down buttons and that may work like a reset. Good luck. If things change I'll report.

danisnotstan

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got an AT&T Atrix HD (not unlocked) and I am using it on Net10 with an AT&T compatible SIM. I have Data and MMS working. Since ST and Net10 are the same company, the APN settings I used might work for those having issues.

APN Name: NET10
APN: wap.tracfone
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS Port: 80

I was going through the forums looking for a way to disable LTE on the phone to save battery since it doesn't work on Net10. I've tried downloading a few toggle widgets that claim to do this and nothing has worked. I can either have data with LTE searching for signal, or no data at all. Hopefully the APN settings help someone and maybe someone can give some insight into my issue :)

AtrixHd93

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for all of the posts, I have been looking into switching over to ST for a while. I used to have ST but switched over to AT&T to build up my credit...(had just turned 18) now im looking to switch to ST because ill save 65 a month but wanted to see how quality was with smart phones, what i have gathered here is that with the HD if you erase the proxy you should be fine. I hope so but i dont normaly use apps unless im in WIFI any how so wont be a huge deal, but thanks again for everyones input. VERY helpful!

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Works fine for me been using.it a solid 3months no problems at all except on a stock Rom which after switching to cm10/10.1 works perfectly

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

pjbeee

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can you use the Atrix HD on Straight Talk? YES but read on...

Had MMS - receive issues with Unlocked/Rooted/Unlocked Bootloader Atrix HD with Stock ROM. Installed CWM Touch Recovery and CyanogenMod 10.2 (snapshot-M1) and things are very sweet indeed. One great benefit is.... (wait for it....) you can SHUT OFF LTE and turn it back on whenever you like. Many other tweaks and gizmos that you are free to use or not use.

Remember that the basic google apps, including the Play Store, need to be downloaded separately (many of them come in one .zip file to load from Recovery for your CyanogenMod version), but if you've made it far enough to have the CyanogenMod ROM up and running, this is no biggie.

Was not used to the CyanogenMod menus and features, but I'm quickly becoming a devotee. Doubt I will ever buy a device again that doesn't have a corresponding CyanogenMod build.

Whoohoo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234