Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    So I've had my Atrix HD for about a day now and at some point this afternoon the phone decided to change the "phone" icon to this:



    It still links to the phone. I've tried turning it off and back on, nada. Still uses the Android system icon.

    Any ideas as to what happened or how to get the old phone icon back?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    The phone icon should still appear in your Application Drawer.

    Just drag and drop that to your launcher dock or home screen then trash bin/delete the icon you posted which is normally used in the Settings under running applications, etc..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    The phone icon should still appear in your Application Drawer.

    Just drag and drop that to your launcher dock or home screen then trash bin/delete the icon you posted which is normally used in the Settings under running applications, etc..
    Tried that. No dice. As soon as I drop it into the dock it changes to the icon I posted above.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Hmm.. Tried going into Settings/Manage Applications and find Phone and clear data/settings on it. ? Just throwing out some shots in the dark here.. I want to say I had this happen to me a long ways back on a different device.

    Seeing how your device is only a day old, it probably won't hurt you that bad if you had to attempt a factory reset which "should" clear up this burp in the device if other attempts fail...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    You still using the stock launcher or have you installed a 3rd party launcher? Go Launcher, Nova, Launcher Pro, etc..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Hmm.. Tried going into Settings/Manage Applications and find Phone and clear data/settings on it. ? Just throwing out some shots in the dark here.. I want to say I had this happen to me a long ways back on a different device.

    Seeing how your device is only a day old, it probably won't hurt you that bad if you had to attempt a factory reset which "should" clear up this burp in the device if other attempts fail...
    Just tried that. No luck there either.

    While it's only a day old, I still have a few hours invested into getting it set up the way I like it. I'd REALLY rather not go through that all over again if I can avoid it. And if it comes to that being the only answer, I can deal with the phone icon being different I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    You still using the stock launcher or have you installed a 3rd party launcher? Go Launcher, Nova, Launcher Pro, etc..
    Still OEM.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Kind of at a loss on this one.. I wouldn't give up hope just yet, give it a little time and hopefully someone else will come along with some suggestions or a fix to this...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviate3s View Post
    So I've had my Atrix HD for about a day now and at some point this afternoon the phone decided to change the "phone" icon to this:

    Click to view quoted image


    It still links to the phone. I've tried turning it off and back on, nada. Still uses the Android system icon.

    Any ideas as to what happened or how to get the old phone icon back?
    My girl has the atrix hd as well. It's not your phone . Hers is the same way. It changed after the first call. Still trying to get it right. But it doesn't bother her. Since the phone is perfect..

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Interesting. Makes me feel a little better not being alone on this.

    So far I love the phone otherwise. Not a huge upgrade from the Atrix 2, but it does seem quicker and the screen is significantly nicer. That was my biggest complaint going from the Captivate to the Atrix 2; the colors just kind of sucked.

    Can't wait for my Defender to come in so I can stop carrying it around like a newborn baby made of Faberg eggs and ancient textiles...
  10. #10  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default

    How's battery life? How often do calls drop?

    This phone looks so good!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Ive had mine since day one and it does the same thing to me at least once a week then changes back. I dont understand it but it hasnt caused anything adverse yet
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    How's battery life? How often do calls drop?

    This phone looks so good!
    Zero call drops.

    Battery life is meh. Seems to be about the same as the Atrix 2. Don't know if that helps you or not...
  13. #13  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    I've had my HD since it came out .Love it
    My phone icon only changed when I put a different contact manager on,like GO Contacts. Hope this helps
  14. #14  

    Default

    Sounds like the phone icon changing must be a bug. Hopefully they catch it in a maintenance update.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmayor View Post
    I've had my HD since it came out .Love it
    My phone icon only changed when I put a different contact manager on,like GO Contacts. Hope this helps
    I wonder if it's Mr. Number that's screwing it up... May have to uninstall it and see what happens.
  16. #16  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviate3s View Post
    I wonder if it's Mr. Number that's screwing it up... May have to uninstall it and see what happens.
    Dialer One is still the best dialer app. It's almost identical to the Sense dialer, the default dialers on all these phones (except Sense) suck.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Dialer One is still the best dialer app. It's almost identical to the Sense dialer, the default dialers on all these phones (except Sense) suck.
    I don't use it as a dialer. I use the factory dialer and have never had any reason to use anything else. I use Mr. Number strictly as a call blocker.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: "Phone" icon randomly changed?

    Update: It was Mr. Number. Deleted it and my phone icon returned on the next startup.

Posting Permissions