"Phone" icon randomly changed?

Deviate3s

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my Atrix HD for about a day now and at some point this afternoon the phone decided to change the "phone" icon to this:

Android-Battery-Use-Details.jpg

It still links to the phone. I've tried turning it off and back on, nada. Still uses the Android system icon.

Any ideas as to what happened or how to get the old phone icon back?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The phone icon should still appear in your Application Drawer.

Just drag and drop that to your launcher dock or home screen then trash bin/delete the icon you posted which is normally used in the Settings under running applications, etc..

Deviate3s

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
The phone icon should still appear in your Application Drawer.

Just drag and drop that to your launcher dock or home screen then trash bin/delete the icon you posted which is normally used in the Settings under running applications, etc..

Tried that. No dice. As soon as I drop it into the dock it changes to the icon I posted above.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmm.. Tried going into Settings/Manage Applications and find Phone and clear data/settings on it. ? Just throwing out some shots in the dark here.. I want to say I had this happen to me a long ways back on a different device.

Seeing how your device is only a day old, it probably won't hurt you that bad if you had to attempt a factory reset which "should" clear up this burp in the device if other attempts fail...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You still using the stock launcher or have you installed a 3rd party launcher? Go Launcher, Nova, Launcher Pro, etc..

Deviate3s

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. Tried going into Settings/Manage Applications and find Phone and clear data/settings on it. ? Just throwing out some shots in the dark here.. I want to say I had this happen to me a long ways back on a different device.

Seeing how your device is only a day old, it probably won't hurt you that bad if you had to attempt a factory reset which "should" clear up this burp in the device if other attempts fail...

Just tried that. No luck there either.

While it's only a day old, I still have a few hours invested into getting it set up the way I like it. I'd REALLY rather not go through that all over again if I can avoid it. And if it comes to that being the only answer, I can deal with the phone icon being different I think.

You still using the stock launcher or have you installed a 3rd party launcher? Go Launcher, Nova, Launcher Pro, etc..

Still OEM.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Kind of at a loss on this one.. I wouldn't give up hope just yet, give it a little time and hopefully someone else will come along with some suggestions or a fix to this...

Reactions: Deviate3s

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my Atrix HD for about a day now and at some point this afternoon the phone decided to change the "phone" icon to this:

Click to view quoted image

It still links to the phone. I've tried turning it off and back on, nada. Still uses the Android system icon.

Any ideas as to what happened or how to get the old phone icon back?

My girl has the atrix hd as well. It's not your phone . Hers is the same way. It changed after the first call. Still trying to get it right. But it doesn't bother her. Since the phone is perfect..

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Deviate3s

Deviate3s

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Makes me feel a little better not being alone on this.

So far I love the phone otherwise. Not a huge upgrade from the Atrix 2, but it does seem quicker and the screen is significantly nicer. That was my biggest complaint going from the Captivate to the Atrix 2; the colors just kind of sucked.

Can't wait for my Defender to come in so I can stop carrying it around like a newborn baby made of Faberg? eggs and ancient textiles...

known-associate

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ive had mine since day one and it does the same thing to me at least once a week then changes back. I dont understand it but it hasnt caused anything adverse yet

chiefmayor

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had my HD since it came out .Love it
My phone icon only changed when I put a different contact manager on,like GO Contacts. Hope this helps

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the phone icon changing must be a bug. Hopefully they catch it in a maintenance update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums