Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cyber Warrior
  • 1 Post By qosmio
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Default [Guide] ATRIX HD Root Method

Yes, the Holy Grail has been discovered by djrbliss.

He has taken the time (once again) to come up with a working root method for the newest Motorola smartphones: DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD, and the Atrix HD. We've heard that not only does this root method work with the shipping Ice Cream Sandwich that is on the phones, but also the Jelly Bean leak for the DROID RAZR M, which means it should work on the final Jelly Bean over-the-air update for these phones.

The method of rooting is pretty simple:

• First make sure you have the current Motorola USB drivers installed from .

• Then download the file and extract it.

• Connect your phone to the PC and click on the "run.bat" file that you extracted.

• It is important to follow the instructions in the PC program, as it will ask you to press a button combination of the Volume UP and Power at the same time.

• If the program gives an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions on the phone and try again (factory reset the phone).

source: XDA Forums credit:

*Note: If for some reason that method fails to give you root once you boot back up and open a root-friendly app, try swapping out the su and Superuser.apk files with these two and then running it again.

• Download:
    • Download:
    Last edited by Cyber Warrior; 10-25-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Jen Warner likes this.

Default Re: [Guide] ATRIX HD Root Method

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post

Yes, the Holy Grail has been discovered by djrbliss.

He has taken the time (once again) to come up with a working root method for the newest Motorola smartphones: DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD, and the Atrix HD. We've heard that not only does this root method work with the shipping Ice Cream Sandwich that is on the phones, but also the Jelly Bean leak for the DROID RAZR M, which means it should work on the final Jelly Bean over-the-air update for these phones.

The method of rooting is pretty simple:

• First make sure you have the current Motorola USB drivers installed from .

• Then download the file and extract it.

• Connect your phone to the PC and click on the "run.bat" file that you extracted.

• It is important to follow the instructions in the PC program, as it will ask you to press a button combination of the Volume UP and Power at the same time.

• If the program gives an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions on the phone and try again (factory reset the phone).

source: XDA Forums credit:

*Note: If for some reason that method fails to give you root once you boot back up and open a root-friendly app, try swapping out the su and Superuser.apk files with these two and then running it again.

• Download:
    • Download:
    I did everything it says here, but nothing. I replaced both files ("su" and "superuser.apk) and still nothing. I ensure that my phone is on USB debugging mode and have the latest Motorola drivers installed but still nothing. I have turned off my phone and PC but still nothing. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by elgaby1995 View Post
    I did everything it says here, but nothing. I replaced both files ("su" and "superuser.apk) and still nothing. I ensure that my phone is on USB debugging mode and have the latest Motorola drivers installed but still nothing. I have turned off my phone and PC but still nothing. Any help?
    Do you still need help?

Sent from my MotoAHD

just wiped phone plus cache and with new jelly bean update it will not work for me when asked to toggle vol up an power at same time it wont vibrate root access fails.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pharmmusic View Post
    just wiped phone plus cache and with new jelly bean update it will not work for me when asked to toggle vol up an power at same time it wont vibrate root access fails.
    I can get the bug report vibrate to work but root isn't installed. That is likely because the exploit has been patched.
    Thanked by:

I need a little help as well. How do I root after jb update and after replacing su and superuser.apk files?
    Thanked by:

it doesnt work , you can get the bug report by pressing power and volume up for about 7 seconds make sure your on your lock screen seems to work for me but the root doesn't even with the other apk's . I haven't wiped data and cache yet but not sure it would help.
    Thanked by:

not work on jellybean 4.1.1 mb886

use motochopper instead and root ok
    Last edited by qosmio; 10-09-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Thanked by:
    barttbald likes this.