1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unlock code for Atrix HD from AT&T

Has anyone had any success getting the unlock code from AT&T for the Atrix HD, model MB866 phone yet? It's the code subsidy that unlocks the SIM card so you can swap it out and use another SIM card. I'm going to be traveling overseas and want to unlock my phone just like I've done with other AT&T phones in the past without issue. This time there's a problem. AT&T says they can't unlock it because Motorola hasn't provided them the codes yet......WRONG!......I called Motorola and they told me "of course we've provided these codes to all the carriers including AT&T, it's probably that they just don't want to provide it to you for fear you might switch carriers".

Now I have a 2 year contract with AT&T and no plans to switch because I'll be hit with a big cancellation fee and just want to use my Atrix phone overseas with a local SIM card to save on charges. AT&T's int'l overseas calling package is a joke, very expensive. Worst case is I'll buy a cheap, local phone with a pre-paid SIM card and use it if I can't get the unlock codes for my Atrix HD. I do see several sites advertsing to sell the unlock codes for the Atrix HD phone. Back to my question: has anyone had any success dealing with AT&T in getting the unlock code for the Atrix HD phone? Thanks

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Default Re: Unlock code for Atrix HD from AT&T

You might want to wait a few days for the whole "unlocking is illegal" fear wagon to die down if you are truly going overseas. Or you could try calling and hoping to get a different representative or ask them what AT&T's newest policy on unlocking the sim cards for customers going overseas is. But I'm guessing that's why AT&T is being tight releasing the codes right now.
    Get rid of all the randomness in the world and you will have a world without hamsters.

I am having this same problem! I have been searching all over for a code... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Did a little research and found this location that offers, for a fee, to provide the unlock code:

Haven't tried it yet and will post any others I find.

Here's another one I haven't tried yet.

if u had a contract Whit att you only need a 6 months pay the bill at time and they provided the code and is free and easy just call to customer service and they give u a code don't go to the stores because they don't have acses to the full sistem

I downgraded my phone to a non-smart phone today. I just called att costumer service. They said my atrix hd was "not eligible for unlock". Told me to call back in about 30 days. At least a time limit.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

yup i have got codes to unlock Atrix from Wickedunlock.com