Why do 3rd Party Widgets and Keyboard Disappear After Reboot?

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a Motorola Atrix HD last week from AT&T that came with Android 4.1.1 out of the box. I have used the stock launcher, Nova Prime, Action Launcher, and have the same problem with widgets disappearing after I reboot the phone using each launcher. Widgets disappear and have to be re-added every time I reboot. I have the same problem when I installed Swiftkey 4. Every time I reboot the phone it defaults back to the stock AOSP keyboard. I tried Unity Launcher and it gets disabled after reboot as well.

The phone will keep a 3rd party launcher as the default launcher after reboot. Basically, any 3rd party widgets (or any that didn't come preinstalled on the phone) that have been added to homescreens get removed and any 3rd party keyboards or sidebar launchers (Unity Launcher) get disabled every time the phone is rebooted.

Any ideas how I can get 3rd party widgets/keyboard/etc. to persist after reboot?

One other question: Is there any way to get rid of the google search bar that appears on every home screen in the stock launcher?

Many thanks...

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
This is a bug with the version of Jellybean that comes on the Atrix. The guys at SwiftKey have a post about it on their blog. Google's answer: upgrade to 4.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith