Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Atrix HD Replacing Digitizer

I bought a damaged Atrix HD in hopes of saving some money by doing the repair myself and as it turns out its been more of a headache then I could immagine. When I purchased it the digitizer was cracked pretty bad so I ordered a replacement one at the same time I purchased the phone. Upon replacing the digitizer when it came in the adhesive on the LCD proved a worthy advesary as it was so solid I cracked the LCD so then I purchased a new LCD.

Now both are replaced and for all intensive purposes the phone is working properly. However there seems to be one spot no matter where my finger is located (left to right) about the width of a toothpick horizontally across the screen where it hiccups. When typing it causes the keyboard to disappear when I hit this spot or to mis-type. More often then not it closes out the keyboard also when scrolling down or up it seems again to hiccup and reset its position unless i give it a quick light flick.

My question is, is the digitizer damaged or does it need to be calibrated or is there another solution here that doesnt involve me taking the digitizer out and shipping it back going yet again another week without my device.

Default Re: Atrix HD Replacing Digitizer

This sounds like a bad digitizer but try reseating the cable in case some dust got trapped under a contact.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4