Motorola Device Manager Doesn't Manage my Device

Al Peabody

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Installed the Motorola Device Manager. Sure enough when I plug my Atrix HD into the USB port on my tower computer, the little logo appears on the bottom line.

I was told by the installation page that this would allow me to drag and drop photos from my Atrix to the hard drive on my tower.

But how?

I left clicked and double clicked on it and nothing happened. I right-clicked and it offered to check for later software. I did and it did and it said I have the latest version.

Of course, I can select any photo on the Atrix and share it by email to me, then save it on the hard drive.

But I don't want to do that with 200 photos...

Any suggestions?

Al

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Check what your settings are under Settings>Developer Options. I have to turn developer options "On" and then check the box for "USB Debugging" in order for my computer to recognize that my HD is attached. I can then transfer files in the "Media" setting only.

dsrg

May 18, 2014
Visit site
After connecting my phone to the laptop, I found a setting on my phone that allowed me to choose to connect the phone as a Media Device (MTP) or as a camera (PTP). I selected the option to connect as Camera, and after that, my laptop showed a menu of options on how to transfer pictures and videos to my laptop. I am currently transferring pictures using Windows import function.

Hope this helps