No sound when playing back uploaded recorded videos

Hugh_Jass

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I recorded a few videos today of the Tour of Alberta that I would like to share with friends on Facebook.

When I hook up my Atrix to my computer via USB then select the video to play on either RealPlayer or QuickTime, there is video but no sound. There is definitely sound when I play the video on my phone. What is going on? My speakers are on and the sound level is up on both players but I can't get the sound from these videos on my phone.

Can someone help??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the videos in .MOV format, and are you using a PC? I've found that QuickTime movies (.MOV files) often don't play right on Windows Media Player. Not sure if I'm missing a codec or something. Make sure you have QuickTime on your computer and play it on there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, from what I found on the web, it looks like the Atrix HD records in MP4 format, which should play fine on WMP. Are you trying to play the video on your phone while it's connected to your computer via USB, and trying to view the video on your computer's screen? Or are you simply copying the video over to your computer and viewing it from there?

psflanagan

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
So when I downloaded mine, turns out they are "3GPP Audio/Video (.3gp)". I went online and found an online video converter and converted them to WMV and presto!! There was sound! Even though I could not hear the original files when downloaded. Yipppeeee!

hth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair