AOL Email Push and Fetch and Sync not working.

May 27, 2011
Visit site
New to Android from Blackberry and not happy about this email system.

I have three AOL email accounts and one Gmail on my Atrix. The AOL accounts were set up in motoblur's universal inbox, the Gmail is a separate icon. My email delivery setting has Data Push checked, Fetch schedule set to every 15min and NO checks in the Sync over wifi only section.

The Gmail pushes to the phone just fine, but the AOL is horrible. Push is sporadic, I have the fetch scheduled for every 15 min and yet the phone still goes hours or days without fetching any mail from any of the three AOL accounts, and even when I hit the refresh button for mail it sometime hangs. When it finally does pull the mail it shows the correct time that the emails came in though. Is the mail stuck in the cloud somewhere?

Also very often when i read an AOL mail, it will show up as unread shortly thereafter. Any advice?

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I went from a 9700 to a atrix 2 weeks ago... still learning..

But I too use AOL and have Played and tried everything

I settled on k-9 mail for my AOL accounts..

It is just as fast as the BB ...

When I did it I had to make a couple of adjustments to my AOL mail..

K-9 is IMAP so with AOL I now use the web.mail (aol.com)
location to read/reply/send emails ... I no longer use the 9.x (old fashion software)...I also switched my email box "inbox" on 9.x and now all my mail will stay on AOL`s server forever

it will take a while to get used to ..but your wont look back..

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problems with AOL and will get K9 Mail. Looks like it is stable. I went to their web site and could not find a Forums page, how is the product supported for installation and usage questions?

Also, is there anything special you have to do make sure K9 Mail does not step on my corprate email?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What is k9? I too am having issues with work pop email......it won't work!
K9 is an intelligent front end/interface to certain emails like AOL, etc. You can download it from Android Market. I would suggest going to the K9 web sites and getting the installation and set info it is only a page or two. Also you will need to go in to the Settings on AOL/other email and alter some of those so it works properly. AOL has the few instructions on the settings page to help you. It worked the first time I went through it.

K9 also has Forums and on-line help as well.

Incognitum

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so many AOL users; it's like the Le Brea tar pits up in here!

But to actually try to be helpful, I don't know about AOL specifically, but most mail clients allow you to auto-forward all of your incoming mail. You could just point it at your Gmail. I have a website that came with free email, so I set up the info email to point at my gmail and sync is fine. I don't remember all the config I had to do to it, but it even lets me reply as that email address from right inside the gmail client; it's pretty slick.