Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Atrix is too sensitive, how do you dial the screen sensitivity bk

Atrix is too sensitive. It clicks while trying to swipe and is causing me to put data, emails, etc. in places I have no idea where it goes. How do you dial the screen sensitivity back a notch or two?

Default Re: Atrix is too sensitive, how do you dial the screen sensitivit

idk... never had that problem... its probably a matter of getting used to touch screens. i'd say the Atrix's display is about the same sensitivity as let's say iPhone's or any other high end phone.....
    as far as I know it is not possible to change/adjust, touch screen sensitivity.....

A lot of the new androids are like this. It's way too sensitive, i agree. I put a nice, thich, screen protector on mine which helped a little bit.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, I have been using touch screens on handsets since 2002, this by far the most sensitive to the point it has a negative impact on my productivity throughout the day. I bought the screen protector from AT&T and it is still too sensitive. Not sure what to try next.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Dude2 View Post
    Atrix is too sensitive....
    It's VERY sensitive! I can let my fingertip hover close to the screen and it will "click" the spot beneath, without touching!

I have never seen or heard of any sort of adjustment for the touch sensitivity of an Android OS device. On the other hand, the trackpad on my laptop has an entire control panel dedicated to adjusting the touch functions. I think that the handset manufacturers feel there is no need for such things.

What I found works is to almost never clean the screen. When it's grubby, the sensitivity goes way down, and the device becomes quite manageable.
    Change is good!

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

I have a BestScreenEver on my Atrix and it's perfect. Makes my device very manageable.

my droid 2 screen would always double touch and cause me to move icons. moto is sensitive i think. if ur hand is a bit hotter it will pick up the touch before u even touch it. try getting adw launcher and using the lock desktop function. ive always used it with moto android phones. but now i have htc and i dont have that prob anymore and dont use it haha.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Kage_ View Post
    I have a BestScreenEver on my Atrix and it's perfect. Makes my device very manageable.
    I tried to google search this, but could not find it. Would happen to have the web site or other information on this product?

ROM
    Unlocked & Rooted

I've noticed that I can't hover near the screen either without inputting. I've just learned to not hover. Granted I've had mine since the first batch was mailed out so it may take awhile to get used to it.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

This is for the 2nd Gen iPod Touch, but it shows in detail how a capacitive screen works.

Might help some of you understand how your touch screen can register without you actually touching it It really has nothing to do with heat, as one user said. Pretty much all new high-end devices use the newer capacitive screen technology, as apposed to the older resistive screen technology which actually worked on pressure.

HowStuffWorks "The iPod touch Screen"