just got the Atrix...5 year blackberry user and I need major help

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Here are my question.....

Can I "hide" my gmail notifications?... I have all my gmail email forwarded to my Live email that way everything is in one folder. It was quite easy to do on the blackberry.

Is there a way to mark all emails as "read"? it was east to do on my BB. Can't figure it out on the Atrix.

Thats all for now. I am sure I will have plenty of more questions later.

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: just got the Atrix...5 year blackberry user and I need major

OK got more q's. My calendar opens up to day by default.... I like it by month. Can I change this?

Also how do I know what apps are running in the background.... for example on my bb I use to hold down the home button and everything running would show up and I would close the one by one. Its kinda hard to tell if Im backing out of a program or if its still running in background.

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

There is an app in the Market called Watchdog, that monitors any apps running and allows you to kill that particular app that's eating up CPU's. It will alert you when am app is still running.

dratsablive

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

OK got more q's. My calendar opens up to day by default.... I like it by month. Can I change this?

Also how do I know what apps are running in the background.... for example on my bb I use to hold down the home button and everything running would show up and I would close the one by one. Its kinda hard to tell if Im backing out of a program or if its still running in background.

I use a calendar app called Jorte, I put a calendar page on one of my home screens. It gives you the option on how it is displayed (weekly, monthly, etc.)

jambrose

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

Can I "hide" my gmail notifications?... I have all my gmail email forwarded to my Live email that way everything is in one folder. It was quite easy to do on the blackberry.

Is there a way to mark all emails as "read"? it was east to do on my BB. Can't figure it out on the Atrix.

Im a long time bberry user. Id have to say when AT&T comes out with a 4g bberry in Dec I'll switch back. Can't manipulate text near as good with the Atrix.

jambrose

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a long time BlackBerry user I would switch back if there a four g AT&T BlackBerry. It's best to use a notepad to create a long text message. Then copy and paste where needed. Manipulating text with a smart phone is much harder than a BlackBerry.

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

OK great all very helpful. One thing I absoultely need to figure out is how to seperate my gmail and live email notifications. Can i turn off the gmail notifications anywhere?????

More Questions..... Where is the profile changer? I only notice it when my phone is locked with the slider (left side unlocks....right side mutes)

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

SOrry more and more Q's...

Can I set a custom sound for different things, like one more email, one for texts, etc...?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
OK great all very helpful. One thing I absoultely need to figure out is how to seperate my gmail and live email notifications. Can i turn off the gmail notifications anywhere?????

More Questions..... Where is the profile changer? I only notice it when my phone is locked with the slider (left side unlocks....right side mutes)

Go into gmail, hit bottom left built in key(the four buttons built on the screen), more, settings, and at the bottom you can disable or change the sound. Same goes for normal email.

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Go into gmail, hit bottom left built in key(the four buttons built on the screen), more, settings, and at the bottom you can disable or change the sound. Same goes for normal email.

OK great but can I hide gmail notifications so that it won't show at all?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
SOrry more and more Q's...

Can I set a custom sound for different things, like one more email, one for texts, etc...?

If you use a custom SMS app like go SMS or handcent you can set up different tones for different people texting you. Stock app go into settings and you can change the tone. If you use a custom app remember to turn off alerts in the stock app or both apps will alert you each time.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Is no profile changer in current release 4.1.83. In the next release which is gingerbread this month there will be profiles. Look in the rooting section for instructions how to load it now.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

See above for steps to hide gmail notifications.

I believe what you want to do can be done on the desktop version of gmail. Set up auto forwarding and then tell it to delete forwarded messages.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

My calendar opens in month view, but I am running gingerbread.

Atrix has a built in task manager so you can see what is running.

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

My calendar opens in month view, but I am running gingerbread.

Atrix has a built in task manager so you can see what is running.

Ok so how can i get gingerbread? How come you have it if in your earlier posts u wrote its not released yet?

I noticed the task manager but is there a better or easier way to force shut programs?

Another thing im noticbg... my emails don't come through as quick.

Once again thanks for all the help!

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok so how can i get gingerbread? How come you have it if in your earlier posts u wrote its not released yet?

I noticed the task manager but is there a better or easier way to force shut programs?

Another thing im noticbg... my emails don't come through as quick.

Once again thanks for all the help!

Look at my post un the routing section if the atrix threads, it has instructions and steps. It is not hard, but it is an involved process and voids your warranty. Or you can wait for the official release this month.

sent from my unlocked MB860 via Tapatalk

jambrose

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

Look at my post un the routing section if the atrix threads, it has instructions and steps. It is not hard, but it is an involved process and voids your warranty. Or you can wait for the official release this month.

sent from my unlocked MB860 via Tapatalk
Keep unsynced from gmail. It will try to sync again but unsync again it will stay separate. Dont sync contacts or it will combine everything. Kind of a pain. Go to phone then contacts for main contact use, its much easier that way.

jambrose

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't do anything to void warranty. 4g bbery comes out in December.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos