New Google App Store won't install

vito55

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I read the article on androidcentral about the new google app store. I followed the link the article gave me and it brought me to a site called MediaFire to download the app. I downloaded it but when I tried to run it my Atrix gave me a message saying that the file isn't safe and that for my safety I'm not allowed to open it! I had the same problem with the Amazon app store. Can anybody help?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had this problem with my Droid x, but you can try downloading the new market to your computer and then transferring it to the phone's SD card. Once on the SD card use a file manager, such as astro, to install the apk. Hope this helps. :)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You can't install non-market apps(apps not installed/updated directly from the market) on the Atrix without rooting and using the SWM.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I know this, but if you're going to start installing apps using SWM and apps that aren't ready yet, might as well root.

That's not what your post says. Don't mislead people into rooting when they are not ready or comfortable doing it.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That's not what your post says. Don't mislead people into rooting when they are not ready or comfortable doing it.

Look, to use SWM, you have to install the Android SDK, you have to install .NET 4.0, you have to install the Motorola ADB Windows drivers, you have to download the .APK, you have to run the SWM and click Install as an update.

If people are going through this trouble, they might as well root, unlock the ability to install from unknown sources and not even deal with the other stuff!

How much more comfortable do you have to be? if you're doing all the work to put this on a locked down device, why not spend the extra few minutes and root?

I'm not here to argue, arguing on the internet is f-ing stupid. I am trying to be helpful, so either get off my back or go somewhere else.

Last edited:

jwolfe99

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Look, to use SWM, you have to install the Android SDK, you have to install .NET 4.0, you have to install the Motorola ADB Windows drivers, you have to download the .APK, you have to run the SWM and click Install as an update.

If people are going through this trouble, they might as well root, unlock the ability to install from unknown sources and not even deal with the other stuff!

How much more comfortable do you have to be? if you're doing all the work to put this on a locked down device, why not spend the extra few minutes and root?

I'm not here to argue, arguing on the internet is f-ing stupid. I am trying to be helpful, so either get off my back or go somewhere else.
Ok someone correct me if I am wrong but from what I have read here and putting 2 and 2 together, the other option would be to wait for the Gingerbread release and imo you should be able to d/l and install it then.

Julian

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
There's only 3 ways to install this on an Atrix.. 1. using SWM which requires a ton of stuff installed on your PC, 2. You use the app to root your device and add the ability to install from unknown sources(best method if you can't wait IMO) and 3. wait for it to get pushed out OTA.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

I might be wrong, but you don't need to install the Android SDK, the necessary files are contained in the SWM. I'm just pointing out some people should make sure they are comfortable with rooting and realize it was not required to sideload app, since it does void your warranty. I'm not arguing with you, I agree that flame wars are stupid.
I've been sideloading apps but it would be nice when the update rolls out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae