Gingerbread = Netflix ?

Copernikus

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Have not seen an answer anywhere on the forums. Any one have any clue if once we get the GB update what the likelihood of getting Netflix on the Atrix ?

danjbry

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I have it on mine. Just sideload it and it works perfectly. No need to wait for that pesky approval from Mr Reed Hastings before you stay enjoying Netflix from your phone.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

peanuts154

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Netflix is now available on ATT market for Atrix- I installed 5 minutes ago. Totally stock on 2.2.2.

Unfortunately I have a big green bar across the bottom while playing Watch Instantly videos (~10% of screen height).

Reactions: Copernikus

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the netflix app is going to get any better just because of Gingerbread. FWIW, I just downloaded the newly released app and it still has the green bar for me, too. If Netflix wants to get me to pay their newly inflated rates, they'd better get with the program and support my Atrix and Tab 10.1 pretty soon here.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm bummed that the official Netflix app doesn't let you manage your DVD queue. What's up with that?
As for streaming video - I'm going to be cancelling that as soon as they start charging $7.99 for it.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
no more green bar and it looks really good now we just need the official ota for Gingerbread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree when the price goes up if its ridiculous I will cancel their movies suck balls for the most part aside from some good series and documentaries

stockh#AC

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've tried to take netflix on the atrix to the next level and hooked up the supplied HDMI cable to my tv. The motorola logo displays but nothing else. A notice popped up on the atrix and gave me a choice to choose between staying with the current app or (something about media link) I'm not to sure.
The bottom line was I was unable to receive any netflix on my TV :(

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the Netflix app on my Atrix a couple of days before I got the Gingerbread update. It did some goofy stuff updating the Netflix app from the market but it worked fine after it updated for the last time.

Have not tried using it since I downloaded the Gingerbread update this morning though.

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to Gingerbread, and Netflix doesn't seem to be showing up in the Android market on my phone yet. If I go to the market through a web browser and look up Netflix, it says it's compatible with my device, and I have the option to Install it. I tried doing this, but the app never showed up on my phone. Do I need to do something with my market in order for it to show up?

**I was able to install the .apk file, but still nothing in the Android market.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173