Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bbrg548
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Calendar view in Gingerbread

When I open up my calendar it now shows in agenda view and I have to change it to a daily view. When I exit the app this setting does not "stick" and every time I open the calendar it goes back to the agenda view.

Any suggestions to get the setting I want to be the default?

Default Re: Calendar view in Gingerbread

i had this problem pre gb update
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by velvetelvis View Post
    i had this problem pre gb update

Did the GB update solve it or do you still have this issue?

how funny I have the daily view and I hate it! I wan't the month or agenda view as default but just like you I can't figure out how to set them as default. Surely there has to be a way!!! This happens pre and post gingerbread update.

I was frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to make the agenda view stick!

Wanna trade phones?

Quote Originally Posted by elcheapodeluxe View Post
    I was frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to make the agenda view stick!

Wanna trade phones?
    Hahaha sounds good! But seriously how van we fix this?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 Gingerbread

Mine comes up default to the agenda view, in settings the only option I have for view is 'work week' or 'full week'. I can change the view but now way to save the month view that I can find. Not a big problem for me as I use the Business Calendar anyway.

Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaXVI View Post
    Did the GB update solve it or do you still have this issue?

gb fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by velvetelvis View Post
    gb fixed it.
    How is yours fixed when mine isn't? I still get the daily view as default. I want the month view!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Which calendar are we talking about? I guess the stock one from Moto? I recommend the free app Jorte, look it up! :-) Highly customizable.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The default calendar on the home screen is the only one I use.

I'm just of the mindset why install a calendar when I have this (kinda) perfectly usable calendar on the phone....

I have since done a hard reset and total wipe of the phone and SD card so I am running a clean stock GB Atrix and the calendar is now showing on the full month view. I guess I can live with that as the default over the agenda view. No idea on if this corrected the texting issue I was having from the GB update as well.

Now to download all these damn apps again...grrr....

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I've found a trick that seems to have worked for me.

Open the calendar and switch to whichever view you want as the "default". Press the home button, then go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and select the calendar app on the "All" tab, then hit "Force Close". This should set it up to use the last view you were in as the default. (I found this work-around here.)

Why there's no option for this in the calendar app's preferences I have no idea. It would probably be very simple for Google to implement, and the fact that it's not there is ridiculous.
    Thanked by 2:
    shaggymax likes this.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    I've found a trick that seems to have worked for me.

Open the calendar and switch to whichever view you want as the "default". Press the home button, then go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and select the calendar app on the "All" tab, then hit "Force Close". This should set it up to use the last view you were in as the default. (I found this work-around here.)

Why there's no option for this in the calendar app's preferences I have no idea. It would probably be very simple for Google to implement, and the fact that it's not there is ridiculous.

That seemed to work for me!

Thanks!