Atrix--Google talk authentication failure and wont download apps

warhead

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I just recently joined the android team and I'm pretty disappointed thus far. I've tried numerous things to get my Atrix to download apps (and log into google talk) but all paths have lead to failure. It hangs in the market at "starting download..." and I get the google talk authentication failure message. Is there anything I can do to get this to stop happening? I'm nearing the end of my patience with this phone.

Thanks if you can help in advance.

geeklion

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem before. There's no need to format your phone. It will work again in like 1 to 2 days. It's temporary. There's a solution to that in a google help site.
That was my problem even the google staff cannot help me.
Only time will fix that problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

warhead

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Atrix--Google talk authentication failure and wont download a

I had that problem before. There's no need to format your phone. It will work again in like 1 to 2 days. It's temporary. There's a solution to that in a google help site.
That was my problem even the google staff cannot help me.
Only time will fix that problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

As weird as it is, I've heard that before but its still kinda hard for me to believe (since I'm new to the android world). I think I'll hold off a few days since I really don't wanna bother with factory reset...

warhead

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I am starting to feel like waiting wont work... I had this problem before I updated to gingerbread and I still do now after I updated. I'm thinkin factory restore...

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I am starting to feel like waiting wont work... I had this problem before I updated to gingerbread and I still do now after I updated. I'm thinkin factory restore...

try this: uninstall google talk, goto motoblur accounts: remove all emails that associated with gtalk and market, go to applications and clear data/cache, restart the phone. once restarted, before going to setup email again, go to market and enter your market email account. then install gtalk and let us know if it worked.

Bombo Hilar

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, I just recently joined the android team and I'm pretty disappointed thus far. I've tried numerous things to get my Atrix to download apps (and log into google talk) but all paths have lead to failure. It hangs in the market at "starting download..." and I get the google talk authentication failure message. Is there anything I can do to get this to stop happening? I'm nearing the end of my patience with this phone.

Thanks if you can help in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci