Screen unresponsive.

Shawn James

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
About a half inch down from the top of the phone when u touch the screen nothing happens. Like in twitter I can't touch the second tweet from the top. Or words with friends I can't spell a word at the top. Any thoughts why this happened?

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a possible touch screen failure on that portion of the screen.. Have you attempted a factory reset to see if it fixes the issue ruling out a software related problem.

korsjs

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my ATRIX the top 1/2 inch was messed up . I took it back the next day to replace. New one is solid with the screen. Only complaint now is the battery and buggy ness of gingerbread.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
About a half inch down from the top of the phone when u touch the screen nothing happens. Like in twitter I can't touch the second tweet from the top. Or words with friends I can't spell a word at the top. Any thoughts why this happened?....

This is a well-established potential defect in the Atrix. Mine has it, as well, but it's intermittant.

If you want to find out more about it, you should visit the Motorola corporate Atrix forum. The thread for this issue is here:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/48693

It's 78 posts and 6 pages long.

The only real fix for this defect is to return your Atrix to Motorola for service.

Timp74

May 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a well-established potential defect in the Atrix. Mine has it, as well, but it's intermittant.

If you want to find out more about it, you should visit the Motorola corporate Atrix forum. The thread for this issue is here:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/48693

It's 78 posts and 6 pages long.

The only real fix for this defect is to return your Atrix to Motorola for service.

That link doesn't work any more and I can find the thread by searching the motorola forum. Is there a software solution to this problem? or is it hardware failure?

lakergirl21

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
My boyfriend's atrix had the same problem and it got worse. He sent the phone in and whatever they did worked, up to recently. This is the 3rd time in a little over a year the screen has become unresponsive. I'm not sure how they "fixed" it. They wouldn't release that information for some reason.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Some Atrix's have an issue with the digitizer that causes parts of it to stop working. It's a hardware issue and they replace the screen and digitizer.

heypeppe

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, a glass of ice water was spilled all over the phone. Now the screen won't turn on. I had someone call me to see if the phone still worked..... the call went through, but the screen was still black. With the screen being black, not sure what is working and what isn't working. I just know the screen is black. Any way to fix this? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke