1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Market. Factory Reset. Back to old Market.

I got the update for the new Android Market, but my phone has been acting up since the Gingerbread update (very slow and froze) so I did a factory reset. So everything seems a little better now but now I dont have the new Market. Any ideas how to get the new market again???

Default Re: New Market. Factory Reset. Back to old Market.

it should update itself automatically. sometimes it takes a while before it figures out, market app was always buggy with updating itself even on Froyo. you can whipe the cache stop the app and restart the device and see if that'll work...
    Thanked by:

I had to reload gingerbread last week and can't get the new market place to load either. I had it for a day before the reset. I have tried the *#*#checkin#*#* many times but can't get it to load.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

You can have mine, I just uninstalled the update from my market to get the old market back. I gave the new one a shot for 2 1/2 weeks and had had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jonneh View Post
    You can have mine, I just uninstalled the update from my market to get the old market back. I gave the new one a shot for 2 1/2 weeks and had had enough.
    I hate the new market as well, I prefer the old one.

But after removing the new market, what is preventing it from updating to it again automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by maskedcarrot View Post
    I hate the new market as well, I prefer the old one.

But after removing the new market, what is preventing it from updating to it again automatically?
    Mine updated itself without my knowledge just two days ago. Not sure, as I haven't played around with it all yet, but there might be a way out there, I guess we just have to search.

I use the web on my tab or pc. It will push the app in a few minutes sometime seconds. I only use the app when updates are available
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

it updated again a day or two later. i LOVE the new market. functionality and aesthetics are far improved over the last market imo.