1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multitasking Browser/MP3 Media Player Available?

"I am using the Browser and is streaming music (in my case a podcast) from a web site. I would like to run another app, but keep on playing the music. The minute I use the multitask icon the music would stop."

I am aware that this issue has been addressed in the past, however the solutions that I came across was to use Pandora and other similar apps. In my case I am trying to listen to a podcast that is only available on the website. Is there a 3rd party browser available that won't shut off the music? I am aware that the phone launches the native media player when an mp3 file is opened in the browser, however, that acts the same way and shuts off when I try to launch another application. Any alternatives/solutions to that?

Just got the Atrix today, this will be a deal breaker if the phone can't multitask playing an mp3 from the internet.

Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT:
    P.S. on a side note, what does being rooted mean?
    Last edited by zisforzorro; 08-08-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

If you check the website you should find the feed address, usually an RSS icon. Use a podcatcher and load the feed.

I'm using Podkicker, but there are several others.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

You might try installing the Mplayer beta. I don't think you can get it on the Market, but if you are able to sideload, you can get the APK from the thread on the XDA-Developers forum. Once you've installed it, when you click on the link for an audio stream on a web page, Android will offer Mplayer as an option to open it. Then you can go back to browsing and Mplayer will play the stream in the background.