1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switch from Blackberry

back in july i switched my torch for my friends atrix. we just switched sim cards and everything was and still is working A-OK. i have been thinking about it and checked with my att site, it still says i have the blackberry pro 2gb package. im wondering if that hinders my "4g" speeds at all. i tried swtiching on the site but couldnt do it so i guess i need to call or go into my local store. but im wondering if anyone else has had the same concern about it? thanks.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Default Re: Switch from Blackberry

Naaa, AT&T's current "4G" isn't 4G at all. All they did was bump up the speed on there 3G network. As for your data plan it has no coloration to what speeds you get. There are some old Unlimited data plans when the iPhone 2G was first introduced that people still use on there newer 3G and 3G+/"4G" plans.

I just switched from the 9700 to the Atrix and I am still grandfathered under the unlimited plan. so far the speeds seem fine but will see!
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

i wouldnt bother changing your plan away from the BIS bb plan... no point, just leave it be... the only diff between the bb BIS plan and an android data plan, is the BB one gives you access to the RIM servers... if a bb is not connected then it just used regular data...

example, i have a unlimited bb data plan on my account, i can use ANY device with it, whether it be iOS or android... data is data, like i said the only diff is the BB plans give you access to RIMs servers where as the reg data plans do not

Most likely if they see it, AT&T will switch you over for you, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by jonneh View Post
    Most likely if they see it, AT&T will switch you over for you, I believe.

ive checked and they said no. i also contacted verizon and they said the same thing....just leave it. i switch back to my BB every now and then and like being able to have the BB data plan as well. im grandfathered $30 BB data/unlimited so its all the same.