Atrix keyboard

Parker Clack

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have used Swype, SwiftKey X and Go Keyboard and between the three of them I really like Go Keyboard the best. If you haven't tried it I would give it a shot to see what I am talking about.

zuzonline

Feb 28, 2011
www.zuzonline.com
What keyboard are you using? And what is the best keyboard to use?

Sent from my rockin atrix via tapa

I've tried a few for the past year... Shapewriter 3.0.9 or the last version they made before discontinuing is still my favorite! Stable and the swiping is amazing! I don't even look at the keyboard sometimes when I type.

Edit: you can also find it for free and just try it!

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I loved Swype on my Epic and for whatever reason hate it on my Atrix. It seems that if someone spells something wrong in a text message to me Swype would add it to my user dictionary and when I would Swype a word it would use that incorrect spelling and I finally got sick of cleaning up all the bad spellings and just went to the stock keyboard with the Atrix.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Eddie Bombay

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
All you people that hate Swype need to try the latest version from the website. It's a thousand times better then the Swype that was preinstalled on the atrix. Not only u can Swype for short words u can also tap keys also which is pretty amazing.

Swype sure listens to the customer.

I also was a big fan of swift key until this new version of Swype came out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
All you people that hate Swype need to try the latest version from the website. It's a thousand times better then the Swype that was preinstalled on the atrix. Not only u can Swype for short words u can also tap keys also which is pretty amazing.

Swype sure listens to the customer.

I also was a big fan of swift key until this new version of Swype came out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R

It isn't that I hate it, I have just had issues with it on my Atrix that I didn't have on my Epic such as mentioned above about it adding misspellings from other people to the dictionary and me having to delete words all the time.

Incognitum

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I was actually really enjoy writing with Swype, except that stupid suggestion pop-up box was so annoying I actually switched to stock keyboard for a while. I cycled through a few trial keyboards, and eventually landed on swiftkey X. The text prediction is so amazing I happily ponied up when they came out of beta. It's great for txts, but trying to pound out an email on it is still painful; I miss the physical keyboard from my G1. I've switched back to swype a couple of times, but the suggestion ui is so horrible I can't keep it.

I'll go give the new swype a try though, and report back...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I was actually really enjoy writing with Swype, except that stupid suggestion pop-up box was so annoying I actually switched to stock keyboard for a while. I cycled through a few trial keyboards, and eventually landed on swiftkey X. The text prediction is so amazing I happily ponied up when they came out of beta. It's great for txts, but trying to pound out an email on it is still painful; I miss the physical keyboard from my G1. I've switched back to swype a couple of times, but the suggestion ui is so horrible I can't keep it.

I'll go give the new swype a try though, and report back...

I used early versions of Swype and didn't like it for daily use. At the time it was new, and the whole swype across the keyboard to type was great. Its been a long time since using it and I'm thinking of giving it another try.

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You could always give GoKeyboard a try. It come with many custom themes plus swype feature.

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa :)

Last edited:

ReDignity

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I love the swype. I don't think i will ever give it up. It is insanely accurate once you type words greater than 5 characters. And when typing shorter words, you learn which words it will type right away, and which words you will have to choose from a list.

I got all my friends hooked on swype. T hey love it

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That is something that you either love or hate, not everyone likes swype. There's other keyboards that have the same functionality like GOKeyboard and TouchPal. Is all a maturest matter of what you like best.

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa :)

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to bump this up from the bottom to add another keyboard. I got Thumb Keyboard as the free app of the day from Amzazon and I LOVE it better than swift, swype and the stock kb. Not to mention it was a free app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret