Updating Unlocked Atrix to 2.3 without rooting

Atomicslave

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Its my first time posting here so be gental lol

I have a bell mobility (canada) Atrix thats unlocked and running on the Rogers network here in canada.

Bell just came out with the 2.3 update which i cannot seem to get over OTA, i tried doing a manual update with the moto software as well with no luck.

I tried Motorola support but they said that you cannot update and unlocked atrix, I would rather not root the phone if i can avoid it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Incognitum

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriends' Inspire has two update buttons, one that checks with the carrier over the cellular network, and one that checks HTC's website via wifi. That would solve your problem, except that if memory serves, the Atrix only gets OTA via the carrier (it can download it from wifi, but only after being prompted by the carrier check), and I don't think Bell could push OTA to phones that aren't on their network if they wanted to.

So here's what you do: call a friend who uses bell, swap sim cards for an hour.

Alternately, if you're the adventurous sort, XDA has instructions to unlock your bootloader, and then you can flash it yourself. Really, the best thing about the update was getting the unlocked bootloader, so as long as it's going to be a hassle either way, you might as well get all leet haxor up in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech