[HELP] "Modem did not power up (0)"
11-03-2012 09:43 PM
- hello there, first of all, sorry for my bad english
I'm new here, i got here looking for a solution to one little problem my mobile has for two days, my atrix freeze in the red M "Dual core" screen, with the text at the top left reading "Modem did not power up (0) Starting RSD protocol support".
My mobile discharged while i was sleeping (the battery was at 60% when I went to sleep), and when I woke up, itried to charge it, but nothing happened.
What can I do? I haven't tried to restore it yet because that didn't seemed to work for jonneh as he said on his thread here09-03-2011 01:38 PM
- Hi, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to help you in my thread you linked to.
It's been about half a year since I had that issue, so I'm going through the PMs that Terrigno (from that thread) kindly exchanged back & forth with me. The first one is the one that began my process of restoration. Don't worry, your phone can most likely be brought back to life, although it's annoying because, just like me, you did absolutely nothing to cause this, it sounds like.
First PM gives me this handy link: [GUIDE] Flash SBF to Motorola Atrix 4G - xda-developers
Follow those instructions to a tee. It works but you have to have patience and work slow. Just read everything three or four times lol, that's what I did, for each step.
Also, he made sure to tell me "If you have 1.5.2 make sure you download the proper file.". Which version of android are you on? My phone did this error before Gingerbread was released for our device, so I don't know if this process will work if you have Gingerbread...09-03-2011 07:15 PM
- Mine was with Froyo (I think it was 2.2.2)
Thanks for the link, i'll be reading it for a (long) while... i just wanna be sure of all to make no mistakes and bring my mobile to life again. And thanks for helping me, this is my first android phone so I have 0 experience with it, so I really need orientation.
I'll be posting here again in some hours or days09-04-2011 10:02 AM
- im having the exact same problem.
At first when it would just reboot and say modem did not power up, I would just take the battery out, put it back in, and it would reboot with no problem. That was going on for like 5 days.
But now, it won't even get passed this screen.
I'm hoping to be able to fix this. I have no warranty as the phone is unlocked.So I need to fix this!09-04-2011 02:42 PM
- I haven't done this in forever so forgive me if I ask dumb questions, but, I honestly have no experience flashing things on Android, with the exception of when I had this error you guys are having, and was forced to, even though I had never rooted or done anything at all to "tempt the devil". Funny how the phone messes itself up without my doing, lol, even though I wanted to be carefully stock.
So, is the computer program RSDLite or whatever, telling you "flashing fail"? What exactly is telling you that? Or is it displayed on your phone? You might get much better support if you post over there in XDA somewhere..just so you know, lol.
I do remember when I got to the step where I was supposed to rename the file's extension or something, I'm on Windows (7 to be exact), and it wasn't really renaming correctly. However, it worked anyway..
edit: Out of the 12 steps listed at the site, which steps are you (or both of you) stuck on?09-04-2011 09:36 PM
- Actually due to my job (and to some internet problems) i'm still in step 1 LOL
But I have a new question now... in that guide, it says that I should flash to SBF 1.2.6, but I just found 1.8.3... so, which one should I use? may I start with the 1.8.3 or with the old one?09-05-2011 10:41 PM
- Which version of Android is your atrix on? you have froyo right? Download whichever is your phone's version. When I had the problem, I downloaded the 1.5.2 or whatever one; the one with the 5 in it. If you're not sure which one you're on, I would guess you're at least on the 5 one so download that one from one of the listed mirrors. Then download RSDLite 5.0, then download the correct drivers (32-bit if you're on 32-bit windows, 64-bit if on 64-bit windows), and then, once you have all of those, you're ready to begin with step 1.09-05-2011 11:20 PM
- OK, finally I could find some time to try to repair this thing...
I succesfully flashed, but the problem persists =(
I had installed the last drivers, RSDLite 5.3.1, and succesfuly flashed the device, but when the mobile reboots, keeps saying "modem did not power up" =(... and now when I tried to use the Android Recovery, it shows the little android with the exclamation sign (I'm still able to flash though)
I'll keep trying to find out what can I do with this thing09-08-2011 10:03 AM
- I don't understand exactly where you're at in the steps listed at the site I linked you to. In terms of the steps, could you be a little more specific of where you're stuck? You said you performed a factory reset, but, I don't think I ever did a factory reset...unless I'm just forgetting about it. I just followed all the steps at the site I linked you to, exactly as they said, and eventually you get your phone back to a normal state, although all user information will be deleted.
Did you successfully get to step 9? In step 9, after plugging your phone in, the RSDLite program on your computer should recognize it and say “Model: NS Flash Olympus” and “Connected…”09-08-2011 05:22 PM
- Hey, I have a Bell Atrix and there is a warning not to flash it. I'm using a mac and not sure what version of android I am running because I cannot get past the start up screen which is showing the 'modem did not power up. starting rsd protocol support', if need be, i can get access to a windows computer. any help would be greatly appreciated11-03-2012 09:43 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- AT&T ATRIX Forums
- AT&T ATRIX
[HELP] "Modem did not power up (0)"
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD