Failed to boot 2

Melo2369

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
ok here it goes...i have an atrix 4g rooted and was attempting to install, flash and backup current ROM on CWM and when it was rebooting it says
"Failed to boot 2"
starting rsd mode
and it is stuck there. help please if someone can tell me where to go from here...i have done alot of reading and researching and cant figure out why this is happening or how to get out of it

Melo2369

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
ok luckily I was able to reboot with a battery pull. So I deleted and downloaded the CWM ROM Manager. But before I attempt to do this again I am hoping someone will throw me a bone on here. My driving force behind all this is the want to install a custom ROM. If someone could hook me up with an accurate to date step by step. I have an Atrix droid 2.3.4 build 4.5.91 rooted. Details such as should you take out your sim card and or sd card and when to be plugged into what source (meaning usb to comp or wall). Thank you for your time, help and patience as I just popped my android cherry and am dying to see what else this phone can do besides what at&t wants it to do.

Melo2369

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have read prob the most overall positive things about the alien ROM. Another thing is can one install an Alien ROM without unlocking the bootloader? I am not for sure as there is so much contradicting information but if one cant use a ROM such as Alien cause of locked bootloader then what would be suggested to customize to reduce or remove motoblur. thank you Revent for the response bro much appreciated

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so the fix to Failed to boot 2 and why it happens:
Failed to boot happens when trying to install something that needs an unlocked bootloader, when your bootloader wasnt unlocked. IE: trying to use Rom Manager to install CWM when bootloader isnt unlocked. The fix, if battery pull doesnt work, is to flash a SBF file (stock or whatever) using RSD Lite. That will return the phone to normal.

Another thing is can one install an Alien ROM without unlocking the bootloader?
- no you cannot. You need CWM to install a rom. You can install PROMs but those arent real roms, those are just themes because motoblur is still there.

Nubulis

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm having the same problem tried installing cyanogenmod 7 on my Atrix. I'm stuck on the logo screen with the error "failed to boot 2 starting RSD mode" however pulling the battery does nothing, device reboots to the same thing, time and time again. I've tried booting while holding volume down and volume up, and I can't get to the fast boot screen, no matter what I do. From what I've read you must be able to scroll through the menu to where it only reads "RSD" before you can flash the sbf file using RSD lite. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I am without a phone at the moment.:confused:

yatta

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
i am having the same issue only i have rooted my atrix 4g att i used pete's root tool. the only thing i am trying to do is do a factory reset on the phone and i get that error. any help would be greatly appreciated. this is my first time with a rooted phone. but i am catching on quickly. do i need to do the pudding thing. that was described above. this is were i got that info http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1136261
THANKS ALL

brownboy1224

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm having the same problem tried installing cyanogenmod 7 on my Atrix. I'm stuck on the logo screen with the error "failed to boot 2 starting RSD mode" however pulling the battery does nothing, device reboots to the same thing, time and time again. I've tried booting while holding volume down and volume up, and I can't get to the fast boot screen, no matter what I do. From what I've read you must be able to scroll through the menu to where it only reads "RSD" before you can flash the sbf file using RSD lite. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I am without a phone at the moment.:confused:
I see no reply . Has the forum been stomped? I am. I can't flash with RSD lite until I get unstuck from failed to boot2 starting rsd mode screen. I get failed to flash message trying to flash with "starting rsd mode"showing. Can anyone help me?I have been trying for days.I was trying to help a friend with his phone. Now I guess I owe him a phone?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I see no reply . Has the forum been stomped? I am. I can't flash with RSD lite until I get unstuck from failed to boot2 starting rsd mode screen. I get failed to flash message trying to flash with "starting rsd mode"showing. Can anyone help me?I have been trying for days.I was trying to help a friend with his phone. Now I guess I owe him a phone?

It may not help, but if you're still in need of assistance, you can try what's in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-atrix/146539-urgent-help-modem-did-not-turn-up-2-starting-rsd-protocol.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC