atrix has cancer

Manbartz

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey what's up... seems to me my atrix is dying. My touch screen has become nearly impossible to use, takes 20 swipes to unlock the phone(not the fingerprint scanner). Typing on the keyboard had become horribly inaccurate, often throwing out random letters that my thumbs aren't even close to. The phone turns off randomly which it has never done before today. These symptoms started appearing about 12 hours ago and have progressivley gotten worse and it feels like I have little time left with this phone in
semi-operating condition, so I need to weigh my options. About 4 months ago I replaced the digitizer due to a cracked screen. Could this possibly be the issue?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
where did u get the digitizer from? ebay? from china? try to do a factory reset this prolly might help... it could be the bad quality digitizer very much sounds like it..

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
you replaced the digitizer, and you're wodering why you're having touch screen problems? that's like saying 'my lawnower doesn't work anymore, do you think it was because it fell in the pool last week?" :)

Manbartz

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
you replaced the digitizer, and you're wodering why you're having touch screen problems? that's like saying 'my lawnower doesn't work anymore, do you think it was because it fell in the pool last week?" :)

Yup. It has been working perfectly for months. Then it randomely started having issues(out of the blue, no drops, nothing that would blatantly cause the phone to go haywire) which is why I have come to this forum to ask you experts. I don't want to buy a new digitizer and find out the problem has still not been fixed. But apparently it is obvious where the problem lies... duh. My bad.