Can't download apps from Android Market

wassupimmichael

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay here's the problem...I go to download an app, and it asks to confirm purchase, and I tap Accept. Then the download bar animation starts moving. Not the progress bar, the animation that plays just before a download begins. But that's as far as I get. Nothing has fixed it. I can only update apps that are set to update automatically, not manually. This problem has cost me at least $10-$15 already. It says that it isn't charging the credit card, but on the credit card it says it is trying to charge it each time I click download. I am not going to try again until I am sure that it's working. Any suggestions? Things I have tried and have not produced any different results: toggling on and off Airplane Mode, toggling WiFi, toggling GPS, and clearing Market cache. None of that has worked so far. I just ordered an SD card for the phone, but it won't be here for a few days, so there is no way to backup, unless I can backup to my computer directly. I don't really know the process for backing up an Android, however, since I just got this phone last week. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Go into market in your apps and instead of clearing the market cache, try to uninstall the updates.Also for those apps that you purchased,You can always call in to your credit card company and explain what happened to see if they'll cancel those charges for you.

wassupimmichael

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay here's an update...I've made some progress. I emailed Google explaining the problem and it turns out the card wasn't charged, the charges were only pending. So Google was able to cancel all of the charge requests. So with the money problem aside, I STILL haven't been able to download JuiceDefender Ultimate. I can download any other app, just not that one. And I am still unable to download any app from my phone. To download apps, I must go on my computer, log into my Google account, and download apps from the Android Market website. When I make an attempt to download the JuiceDefender app from the Android Market website on my computer, the download icon appears for a brief moment on my phone, but then disappears.

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going to settings/applications/managege applications/all/market and clearing out the cache & data?

Sent from my TapadaAtrix :)

rquinn19

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been having all kinds of problems. I uninstalled the Market updates so I'm back on the old Market and I froze the Market updater service so it won't update and I'm fine now.

wassupimmichael

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going to settings/applications/managege applications/all/market and clearing out the cache & data?

Sent from my TapadaAtrix :)

Yes I have. I have got it working now, but I am still unable to download JuiceDefender Ultimate. That app refuses to install on my phone, even after all troubleshooting. I went with an alternate app, called Battery Defender, which is free all around. Great app.