I'd like to see Android 2.3.5 on the Atrix

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I know were close to the release of ICS but it's going to be a while if ever we see it for the Atrix. I'd at least like to see our devices updated to 2.3.5. It's on par with the Bionic and the Atrix 2 and has many nice improvements. 2.3.5 wold definitely make me hang on to my Atrix just a little while more before an ICS device is released on AT&T.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care all that much about ICS on the Atrix, while I have had some issues I still find the phone quite pleasant. What does bug me is the Atrix2 within the same calendar year. I came over to AT&T from Sprint in April and picked up the then 2 month old Atrix now a successor is out. Boo Motorola....

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care all that much about ICS on the Atrix,

as of today, I do care, in fact VERY much so. I just hope Atrix 1 will get ICS if not by December then at least by January next year. But anyway, since the interface has been redesigned now that it doesn't use four standart android buttons I'll be waiting for new ICS devices such as Galaxy Nexus. even the SGSII feels somewhat obsolete now

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
@Trevalkin
yeah I'm with you now. I am ready for an ICS device. However, once AT&T gets their version, without buying it outright at an insane price (for a poor college student), how should I go about it? I extended my contract for 2 years earlier this year (Feb) when the Atrix came out. If you're in good standing with the carrier, will they let you upgrade super early? lol..

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
@Trevalkin
yeah I'm with you now. I am ready for an ICS device. However, once AT&T gets their version, without buying it outright at an insane price (for a poor college student), how should I go about it? I extended my contract for 2 years earlier this year (Feb) when the Atrix came out. If you're in good standing with the carrier, will they let you upgrade super early? lol..

well, they (AT&T) actually let me do the upgrades every year, maybe cos I have 4 line family plan.. idk... their upgrade dates shift sometimes so it may take from 12 to 15 months before the next upgrade... we'll see what's gonna be released next year, if something really interesting I might just buy it outright even unlocked from amazon...

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
if you lean on them hard enough they might let you upgrade early, i re-upped in feb as well and my upgrade isn't until july (surely the nexus device will be on att by then)

without question the new nexus device is my next phone, i'm willing to wait until july for that, i still really like the atrix and hoping it will see ics before then because it looked beautiful. honestly, i wouldn't expect ics on our atrixs anytime before the middle of next year (judging by gingerbread's schedule) but that's just a wild guess.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
well, they (AT&T) actually let me do the upgrades every year, maybe cos I have 4 line family plan.. idk... their upgrade dates shift sometimes so it may take from 12 to 15 months before the next upgrade... we'll see what's gonna be released next year, if something really interesting I might just buy it outright even unlocked from amazon...

if you lean on them hard enough they might let you upgrade early, i re-upped in feb as well and my upgrade isn't until july (surely the nexus device will be on att by then)

without question the new nexus device is my next phone, i'm willing to wait until july for that, i still really like the atrix and hoping it will see ics before then because it looked beautiful. honestly, i wouldn't expect ics on our atrixs anytime before the middle of next year (judging by gingerbread's schedule) but that's just a wild guess.

Thanks guys. :) I will wait for it to be released onto AT&T and then try bugging my local store... I am on a 5-line family plan and we've been with them for over 12 years, so hopefully that means something, right? haha

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on a 5-line family plan and we've been with them for over 12 years, so hopefully that means something, right? haha

oh wow man you should ask them from a free tablet with your early upgrade for being with them for so long on a 5 line plan! LOL good luck!

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol! Well, technically I guess I haven't, but my family has. I am an added line on their account lol. We used to have Cingular Wireless which was then bought by AT&T. Anyway, when the Nexus comes to AT&T I'll let you know if I was able to get it for upgrade price or not...it's too bad I'm not close or tight with any AT&T retail workers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781